Bill Weld may run against Trump

limblips

PREMO Member

Since many of you may not know him I'll give you the lowlights of his career.

Former 2 term Republican Governor of Massachusetts, left the GOP to back Obama in 2008, then became a Libertarian and ran as VP candidate in 2016, on Jan 17, 2019 he decided "I guess I really wasn't a Libertarian" and rejoined the GOP and wants to challenge Trump in the primary.

He lost a bid to become U.S. ambassador to Mexico in 1996 after then-Sen. Jesse Helms blocked his nomination, and made an aborted bid for office in his previous home state of New York.

So this looks like a lame attempt to get his name in the news for a few days. You can't make this stuff up!

Last edited:

Hijinx

Since many of you may not know him I'll give you the lowlights of his career.

Former 2 term Republican Governor of Connecticut, left the GOP to back Obama in 2008, then became a Libertarian and ran as VP candidate in 2016, on Jan 17, 2019 he decided "I guess I really wasn't a Libertarian" and rejoined the GOP and wants to challenge Trump in the primary.

He lost a bid to become U.S. ambassador to Mexico in 1996 after then-Sen. Jesse Helms blocked his nomination, and made an aborted bid for office in his previous home state of New York.

So this looks like a lame attempt to get his name in the news for a few days. You can't make this stuff up!

I believe you had a missprint there when you said he was a Governor of Connecticut.
He was Governor of Massachusetts. I know these Yankee States are hard to separate, but I don't think he was ever Governor of Connecticut.

I might add we didn't need Romney and we don't need Bill Weld.

limblips

PREMO Member
I believe you had a missprint there when you said he was a Governor of Connecticut.
He was Governor of Massachusetts. I know these Yankee States are hard to separate, but I don't think he was ever Governor of Connecticut.

I might add we didn't need Romney and we don't need Bill Weld.
You are correct. I don't know how I managed to do that but I hang my head in shame. Fixed. Thanks.

Last edited: