Bill would make cigs prescription-only drugs

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Bill proposed in Oregon would make cigarettes prescription-only - KPTV - FOX 12

If you're a regular smoker, you may want to keep an eye on a new bill in the Oregon Legislature.

Rep. Mitch Greenlick, from Portland, is sponsoring a bill that makes cigarettes a Schedule III controlled substance, meaning it would be illegal to possess or distribute cigarettes without a doctor's prescription.

Under the proposal, offenders would face maximum punishments of one year in prison, a $6,250 fine or both.

Other drugs and substances that are considered Schedule III controlled substances are ketamine, lysergic acid and anabolic steroids.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
About time.
The government needs to take care of us since we're to silly to take care of ourselves

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Woot Woot

Copay for cigs will make them much cheaper.

Ohhhh with ObamaCare, they'll be free!!!!!!!

I wonder if this will cover my husband's expensive cigars?

Bill proposed in Oregon would make cigarettes prescription-only - KPTV - FOX 12

If you're a regular smoker, you may want to keep an eye on a new bill in the Oregon Legislature.

Rep. Mitch Greenlick, from Portland, is sponsoring a bill that makes cigarettes a Schedule III controlled substance, meaning it would be illegal to possess or distribute cigarettes without a doctor's prescription.

Under the proposal, offenders would face maximum punishments of one year in prison, a $6,250 fine or both.

Other drugs and substances that are considered Schedule III controlled substances are ketamine, lysergic acid and anabolic steroids.

They really need something more to occupy their time.

R

retiredweaxman

In what instance would a doctor actually prescribe cigarettes? :confused:

If you believe the show "House" was based on actual medical facts (which I have read it was), House once prescribed "a couple of cigarettes a day" to a patient that was constipated. He reasoned it out that the drugs in a ciggy can help to regulate a person's digestive process.

I found this after doing a quick search:

Indigestion, constipation and bloatedness might also accompany your smoking cessation. Nicotine is a strong stimulant and your body will soon learn to naturally regulate digestion without the stimulants.

Top 10 Side Effects of Quitting Smoking

If you believe the show "House" was based on actual medical facts (which I have read it was), House once prescribed "a couple of cigarettes a day" to a patient that was constipated. He reasoned it out that the drugs in a ciggy can help to regulate a person's digestive process.

I found this after doing a quick search:

Indigestion, constipation and bloatedness might also accompany your smoking cessation. Nicotine is a strong stimulant and your body will soon learn to naturally regulate digestion without the stimulants.

Top 10 Side Effects of Quitting Smoking

So, essentially you can be full of tar or full of chit... take your pic. :coffee: