Binge-drink women may lose right to claim rape

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
willie said:
quote:
My father told her she looked great, alot of women would love to be able to look and dress like her. I was so proud, years of raising me, a hard headed strong willed female finally broke him down!!

Do you think it's possible that your father has mellowed only because he doesn't see the results of a chick flashing her azz on a daily basis anymore?
No. I re-read the magazine article he was in the other day and we discussed it at great length. He told me his thoughts in the 70's were Neanderthol. His words stirred up so much back then he was on the old t.v. show Panorama. His audience was all women, they ate him alive.

B

Bruzilla

Nickel said:
:yeahthat: and I have absolutely no intention of hooking up with someone or bringing someone home. First of all, I'm married. Second, before I was married, before I met my husband, I still had no intention of going home with someone. Some people do just go out to have a few drinks, dance, etc. Not everyone goes out with the intention of having sex. To presume that every woman in a bar is looking to get banged is ridiculous.

And there you have the core of the issue... intentions. Does anyone believe that somebody gets off work and says to themself "You know, I think it would be a great idea to go out, get wasted, drive impaired, slam into a car full of kids, and kill every one of them." No one "intends" to do that anymore than most people "intend" to go out, get drunk, hook up with someone they barely know, and have unprotected sex... yet it happens just like the former because people intentionally mess up their judgement.

And once again... what's the point of a single's bar if not to go out and hook up with someone?

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Bruzilla said:
And there you have the core of the issue... intentions. Does anyone believe that somebody gets off work and says to themself "You know, I think it would be a great idea to go out, get wasted, drive impaired, slam into a car full of kids, and kill every one of them." No one "intends" to do that anymore than most people "intend" to go out, get drunk, hook up with someone they barely know, and have unprotected sex... yet it happens just like the former because people intentionally mess up their judgement.

And once again... what's the point of a single's bar if not to go out and hook up with someone?

Gee, I did not know they were just called single's bars. Next time I go out I will ask the bartender if married people are allowed in their establishment. Me thinks you protest too much on this subject, do you need the name of a good lawyer?! :flowers: J/K

B

Bruzilla

Naw... not me. I'm 44 and I've had the same wife for 22 years and haven't had a drink of alcohol since taking a sip of beer back in 1967 or so. So I don't have a lot of sympathy for putzes of either sex who don't won't to be held accountable for acting stupid while drunk.

camily

Peace
Bruzilla said:
Naw... not me. I'm 44 and I've had the same wife for 22 years and haven't had a drink of alcohol since taking a sip of beer back in 1967 or so. So I don't have a lot of sympathy for putzes of either sex who don't won't to be held accountable for acting stupid while drunk.
Are you saying you drank beer when you were 8 years old? You did say sip, so I can see maybe that was the case. If this is true however, you really can't comment on something you have no experience with. While I appreciate the descision you have made to abstain from drinking, this leaves you at a severe disadvantage in a discussion concerning the effects of drinking on ones mental status.

willie

camily said:
Are you saying you drank beer when you were 8 years old? You did say sip, so I can see maybe that was the case. If this is true however, you really can't comment on something you have no experience with. While I appreciate the descision you have made to abstain from drinking, this leaves you at a severe disadvantage in a discussion concerning the effects of drinking on ones mental status.
Why would you need to be a drinker to know that it impairs you?

W

Wenchy

Bruzilla said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1888035,00.html

A High Court judge yesterday threw out the case of a student who claimed that she was raped while drunk and unconscious on the basis that “drunken consent is still consent”.

Enough said. If a man or woman goes out, gets drunk, passes out, or not. They are adults, they need to take care of themselves.

Both need to deal with the consequences, and not blame the alcohol, or the other person. Period.

:yay: to the "High Court." :cheers: