Birth Plan

Booboo3604

yeah uh that is not something that will work for me :lmao:. But more power to ya girl, go for it :buddies:

If my vision of what she was desribing is correct, I would be scared of doing that. I've never had children so I'm far from an expert, but I was talking to my obgyn about something similar yesterday. She was explaining about how some people give birth squatting and they even have what they call birthing chairs. She then went on to tell me that in almost every single one that used the chair, they tore or tore through their rectums because the body cant control the pressure in one exact area in that position. There's no way.......

morningbell

hmmmmmm
If my vision of what she was desribing is correct, I would be scared of doing that. I've never had children so I'm far from an expert, but I was talking to my obgyn about something similar yesterday. She was explaining about how some people give birth squatting and they even have what they call birthing chairs. She then went on to tell me that in almost every single one that used the chair, they tore or tore through their rectums because the body cant control the pressure in one exact area in that position. There's no way.......

hmmmm, my sister in law who lives in Finland kept telling me about this birthing chair and that I need to get one. She delivered 4 health boys, never tore. I also learned how to push and that's the key. Plus the perineal massage/stretching should help as well. The way the instructor was showing us the various birth positions all were squatting variations even while she was on her back.

lovinmaryland

OMG that sounds awful :dead:

I was more so meaning I amso hugely pregnant that I can barely get out of bed w/ out assistance :lmao:
hmmmm, my sister in law who lives in Finland kept telling me about this birthing chair and that I need to get one. She delivered 4 health boys, never tore. I also learned how to push and that's the key. Plus the perineal massage/stretching should help as well. The way the instructor was showing us the various birth positions all were squatting variations even while she was on her back.
Uh wth is that? And who is supposed to do that :eyebrow:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

My parents have an antique birthing chair in their house. Even as a kid, it gave me the creeps!!

Attachments

• chair.jpg
    chair.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 64
C

CalvertNewbie

I didn't really have a birthing plan. I just made sure everyone knew that I wanted drugs and that if my labor was going too long, I was fine with a C-section. My OB had told me that there was a 50/50 chance that I'd need a C-section because my little angel had a big head :)cds:) and I apparently have a narrow birth canal.

I'll tell ya this much - after being induced, going through 30 hrs of labor & having 2 epidurals wear off, I'll be automatically scheduling a C-section if we have another baby. :smile:

C

CalvertNewbie

So you are less likely to tear, rip or need to be cut. They say you can do it or your SO, I know I can't reach it, I'm having a hard enough time shaving my legs these days :lmao:

I hear ya on the shaving thing. Damn, did it get a little difficult those last few weeks! :killingme

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I didn't really have a birthing plan. I just made sure everyone knew that I wanted drugs and that if my labor was going too long, I was fine with a C-section. My OB had told me that there was a 50/50 chance that I'd need a C-section because my little angel had a big head :)cds:) and I apparently have a narrow birth canal.

I'll tell ya this much - after being induced, going through 30 hrs of labor & having 2 epidurals wear off, I'll be automatically scheduling a C-section if we have another baby. :smile:

See, that's why I have a birth plan, I don't want to be induced (unless I have to b/c of harm to me or the baby). Also I would like if they call me Your Majesty during my labor.

lovinmaryland

So you are less likely to tear, rip or need to be cut. They say you can do it or your SO, I know I can't reach it, I'm having a hard enough time shaving my legs these days :lmao:
There is no way in hell I would let him do that or even have the nerve to ask him :lol: OMG I am so gonna have to try that w/ a straight face tonight and see his response!!
See, that's why I have a birth plan, I don't want to be induced (unless I have to b/c of harm to me or the baby). Also I would like if they call me Your Majesty during my labor.

:killingme

I liek Pretty Pretty Princess :lol:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
There is no way in hell I would let him do that or even have the nerve to ask him :lol: OMG I am so gonna have to try that w/ a straight face tonight and see his response!!

:killingme

I liek Pretty Pretty Princess :lol:

See, you need to include that in your birth plan.

Really? After all you two have been through?

When it comes to medical issues I have NO PROBLEM asking him to help me. Hell, he put me in this predicament, he's my doula.