Bj Penn Vs Gsp II

thurley42

HY;FR
It's going to be a good fight, but I'm more excited about UFC 92

:yeahthat: this has to be the greatest lineup I can rememeber.....even the two fights on the main card without huge names should be great....Kongo is brutal and I think the CB/Massenzio fight should be great. Knowing that the top 3 fights are anyones game:

Forrest over Evans (never bet against Forrest)
Mir over Nogueria (Mir was pretty much unstoppable before his motorcycle accident, he's had a lot of time off since his last fight)
Silva over Rampage (i want to take Rampage, but he's had problems and Silva has pretty much owned him)

Mojo

:yeahthat: this has to be the greatest lineup I can rememeber.....even the two fights on the main card without huge names should be great....Kongo is brutal and I think the CB/Massenzio fight should be great. Knowing that the top 3 fights are anyones game:

Forrest over Evans (never bet against Forrest)
Mir over Nogueria (Mir was pretty much unstoppable before his motorcycle accident, he's had a lot of time off since his last fight)
Silva over Rampage (i want to take Rampage, but he's had problems and Silva has pretty much owned him)

Ryo Chonan Vs. Brad Blackburn, is pretty much the only fight on that card that I could care less about watching. I hope the fights go quick so that all of them are broadcasted. I was also surprised to see that they have this fight, CB Dollaway Vs. Mike Massenzio, over the Jackson Vs Silva fight :confused:. It's definitely going to be an exciting night.

thurley42

HY;FR
Ryo Chonan Vs. Brad Blackburn, is pretty much the only fight on that card that I could care less about watching. I hope the fights go quick so that all of them are broadcasted. I was also surprised to see that they have this fight, CB Dollaway Vs. Mike Massenzio, over the Jackson Vs Silva fight :confused:. It's definitely going to be an exciting night.

No, I wasn't saying Dollaway/Massenzio over Rampage/Silva....I was just saying that I was looking forward to it....I put Rampage/Silva over Mir/Nogueria...

T

toppick08

Just give me good old fashioned boxing.......this rolling on the floor stuff is ghey..:coffee:

Mojo

No, I wasn't saying Dollaway/Massenzio over Rampage/Silva....I was just saying that I was looking forward to it....I put Rampage/Silva over Mir/Nogueria...

I know, but if you look at the fight card, they have it over the Rampage/Silva fight.

Just give me good old fashioned boxing.......this rolling on the floor stuff is ghey..:coffee:

:smack: I don't know how anyone can watch boxing after watching UFC. I used to love boxing but now it seems boring as hell.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Call it...

...what you will; there isn't a boxer in the history of the planet that has a prayer against a decent mixed martial artist. Most of them would collapse in a heap after the first inside leg kick.

thurley42

HY;FR
I know, but if you look at the fight card, they have it over the Rampage/Silva fight.

oh yeah... I thought that was just a misprint or something

:smack: I don't know how anyone can watch boxing after watching UFC. I used to love boxing but now it seems boring as hell.

agreed

Mojo

...what you will; there isn't a boxer in the history of the planet that has a prayer against a decent mixed martial artist. Most of them would collapse in a heap after the first inside leg kick.

I read a few interviews awhile back and most boxers swear that they could beat any MMA fighter in their weight class. I would love to see an exhibition match one of these days.

T

toppick08

A mixed martial artist would never beat a boxer......in boxing.

Mojo

:lmao: That's a completely different scenario, that's like asking a boxer to wrestle a wrestler. A fight is a fight, you go at each other with whatever skills you have.

J

JustinB

I still love boxing but you won't see stuff like this..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkRkDS1O8y0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkRkDS1O8y0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T

toppick08

:lmao: That's a completely different scenario, that's like asking a boxer to wrestle a wrestler. A fight is a fight, you go at each other with whatever skills you have.

I prefer Rottweilers.....:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...I agree with that.

Now, look at reality; there are virtually NO boxers that have moved to MMA. There are judo people, jujitsu and martial artists of many types and wrestlers galore that have moved to MMA.

Now, is that because boxing is too hard for everybody else or is mma too hard for boxers?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I read a few interviews awhile back and most boxers swear that they could beat any MMA fighter in their weight class. I would love to see an exhibition match one of these days.

...funny how that never seems to happen.

Ask anyone in MMA; they'd cut 'em down in short order. People really underestimate just how much leg kicks hurt, both to give and, worse, to get.

An mma fighter has three avenues to approach a boxer; kicks, take 'em down or stand and trade. Trading is out of the question because a boxer will eat him alive. The boxers ONLY hope is for the mma guy to be a moron and trade with him.

No contest.