Bj Penn Vs Gsp II

Larry Gude

Strung Out

So mma are better athletes than hockey players ?

...define 'athlete'.

In terms of cardio and fighting skills, yes. In terms heart and effort and toughness, comparable in my book.

MMA you train to go all out for 5 minutes at a time, rest one and do it again. Hockey you train to go all out for two minutes and you might get 3-5 to recover.

T

toppick08

...define 'athlete'.

In terms of cardio and fighting skills, yes. In terms heart and effort and toughness, comparable in my book.

MMA you train to go all out for 5 minutes at a time, rest one and do it again. Hockey you train to go all out for two minutes and you might get 3-5 to recover.

:high5:

:buddies:

T

toppick08

Although...........pro basketball players are still the best..........:lol:

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
...what you will; there isn't a boxer in the history of the planet that has a prayer against a decent mixed martial artist. Most of them would collapse in a heap after the first inside leg kick.

I love MMA and I LOVE Boxing..

If you put an MMA fighter in the boxing ring i think they may have some trouble as well..

KJV

Boxers VS MMA Fighters

I love MMA and I LOVE Boxing..

If you put an MMA fighter in the boxing ring i think they may have some trouble as well..

A boxer would do very well if the MMA fighter stood there and punched with him, but that would not happen. An MMA guy would use kicks and takedowns on the boxer and once on the ground the boxer would be totally lost, and would get destroyed and tapped out. I don't even think any boxers would argue with this.

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
A boxer would do very well if the MMA fighter stood there and punched with him, but that would not happen. An MMA guy would use kicks and takedowns on the boxer and once on the ground the boxer would be totally lost, and would get destroyed and tapped out. I don't even think any boxers would argue with this.[/QUOTE

So what you’re saying is if a boxer competed in MAA (a totally different sport) against
top mma athletes he would lose..

So does that mean football players are better then basket ball players because if you put the Celtics on the football field against the redskins they would loose..

I think it’s kind of silly personally... It goes both ways... A top level boxer could beat a top level MMA fighter at boxing most likely... A top level MMA fighter could beat a top level boxer at MMA... They are different sports... Why does one have to be better then the other?
Some one else mentioned why don’t boxers move into the MMA that often.. Maybe because top level fighters in boxing make millions and top level MMA fighters make hundreds of thousand’s.

:popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think it’s kind of silly personally... It goes both ways... A top level boxer could beat a top level MMA fighter at boxing most likely... A top level MMA fighter could beat a top level boxer at MMA... They are different sports... Why does one have to be better then the other?
Some one else mentioned why don’t boxers move into the MMA that often.. Maybe because top level fighters in boxing make millions and top level MMA fighters make hundreds of thousand’s.

:popcorn:

The reason it's not silly is when some people say a boxer would win if they went to MMA. In that context, the boxer would, as you illustrate, get wiped out. Thing is, no one, that I've ever heard, makes the converse argument, that an MMA fighter would do well boxing. I think MMA fans are just a lot more realistic about both sports whereas boxing fans seem to feel some sort of need to make a silly claim.

FWIW; Alovski just got 7 figures in his loss to Fedor.

thurley42

HY;FR
The reason it's not silly is when some people say a boxer would win if they went to MMA. In that context, the boxer would, as you illustrate, get wiped out. Thing is, no one, that I've ever heard, makes the converse argument, that an MMA fighter would do well boxing. I think MMA fans are just a lot more realistic about both sports whereas boxing fans seem to feel some sort of need to make a silly claim.

FWIW; Alovski just got 7 figures in his loss to Fedor.

dumbest.............move....................ever