Black and Decker Storm Responder Generators

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just finished watching a video on generator repair. I've posted this guy's YouTube site here before. He's found a recurring issue with the newer B&D Storm Responder generators, and specifically called out Model # 30664. It's a popular generator, so just passing on info.

Specifically, poor quality control. The shrink tube on the connectors in the powerhead are too long and actually act as insulators for the power legs causing failures. He's also found missing tie-wraps on the connector block which can allow the connector to be sucked into the stator and destroy everything. If you have a newer Storm Responder generator, watch this video starting at 57:40 for the problem description. If you take the cover off your generator power head, look at the wire terminal block. If there is white nut lock with no lock washers, you may have an affected model.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I bought a Champion dual fuel from TSC.
Was going to but it from Lowe's, but stopped carrying them.
TSC's price was actually lower than my employee discount price.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I bought a Champion dual fuel from TSC.
Was going to but it from Lowe's, but stopped carrying them.
TSC's price was actually lower than my employee discount price.
I thought about a duel-fuel, pros and cons, but happy with my Honda 3500 gas. Bought it from DesertRat before he moved away, and it's just been reliable as could be.