Blade of Mace?

cricketmd

Good afternoon. Has anyone needed "blade of mace" for an ingredient on something you are making? Its an ingredient for something I wanted to can this weekend so buying it online is not really an option. Does anyone know if our local grocery stores sell this in the spice aisle? Being unfamiliar, I googled it and you can buy blade of mace ground up as a spice (online). I don't recall seeing it in the spice aisle or produce sections offhand, but then again, I was never looking. Anyone familiar with this? TIA

cricketmd

OMG! I had said same thing on my post but deleted it! :lol: I agree 100%! When I first saw it listed, I'm like where the eff am I going to find THAT? Then thought maybe its me and its been there all along :shrug: who knows. Glad someone else thinks this is a bit odd. Thanks

cricketmd

I was looking for a "like" button on here to hit to your post but can't find one. If there isn't one then consider your post "liked".

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Good afternoon. Has anyone needed "blade of mace" for an ingredient on something you are making? Its an ingredient for something I wanted to can this weekend so buying it online is not really an option. Does anyone know if our local grocery stores sell this in the spice aisle? Being unfamiliar, I googled it and you can buy blade of mace ground up as a spice (online). I don't recall seeing it in the spice aisle or produce sections offhand, but then again, I was never looking. Anyone familiar with this? TIA
It's in almost every spice aisle, but it's just called "mace". The brown part in the middle is the nutmeg, the red part is the mace. I've never seen it whole, always ground up.

image.jpg

cricketmd

It's in almost every spice aisle, but it's just called "mace". The brown part in the middle is the nutmeg, the red part is the mace. I've never seen it whole, always ground up.

Perfect!! Good to know!! Thanks! :huggy: Other ingredients that may be tricky are a tsp of "broken cinnamon sticks" and a tsp of "bruised allspice" both of those I believe I can figure out. Thanks!

I forgot how to delete threads. Sorry for the thread clutter.