Blind Date

D

dems4me

julz20684 said:
Ok so my girlfriend is setting up a date for me with this man she met. He's an associate of her husband's...has GREAT things to say about him. So date setup and he wants my number to talk with me a few times before date night. No problem, I'm good with that.

The few times has been many, many, many times. Now this all just came about just Wednesday, he called me 3 times Thursday, first call of the day at 7 a.m. and twice today. First message left at 8:30 a.m., I didn't call back cuz I was very busy all day packing and loading trailer, so decided to wait until I take a break and I'll call back. 12:30 he's calling again. :rolleyes:

Finally I decide to call him this evening; typical chit chat, did you get your stuff done, why didn't you call me so I could help you with the load for the landfill....Well because I got it done but thank you very much. Did anyone help you....No....you mean you did it by yourself....Yes.

So each conversation he sounds like he's selling himself for a job position. I tell him I'll see him Sunday. Can I call you tonight....Uh, I'm going to be watching a movie with my kids and then get to bed early. Can I call you tomorrow....I'll be gone all day at my daughter's game. Wanna stop by for a glass of wine this evening....Uh No but thank you. Want me to come by your place....uh No.

Is it just me or does this seem like OVERKILL????

Is this him :shrug:http://forums.somd.com/showthread.php?t=100845

itsbob

I bowl overhand
julz20684 said:
:killingme No just some idiot playing a joke.
???

"Yes or no, Clarice? Poor little Catherine is waiting."

Was this line in ANY of the phone calls??

Has he sent you any skin cream?

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it's told.
Catherine Martin: Please mister, let me go! My family will give you anything you want!
Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

J

julz20684

itsbob said:
???

"Yes or no, Clarice? Poor little Catherine is waiting."

Was this line in ANY of the phone calls??

Has he sent you any skin cream?

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it's told.
Catherine Martin: Please mister, let me go! My family will give you anything you want!
Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Ha, none of the above :yay:

morganj614

julz20684 said:
Ha, none of the above :yay:

Blind dates suck and fix ups are the worst :lol: all your friends think they know what you are looking for and they always have the right one. Run Julz, run :jameo:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
morganj614 said:
Blind dates suck and fix ups are the worst :lol: all your friends think they know what you are looking for and they always have the right one. Run Julz, run :jameo:
I married my blind date. :lol: But, we were set up by my mom (who probably knows me better than I do), and Christy (who is quite possibly the Master of the Universe). :lmao:

morganj614

Nickel said:
I married my blind date. :lol: But, we were set up by my mom (who probably knows me better than I do), and Christy (who is quite possibly the Master of the Universe). :lmao:

With those 2 in cahoots, you can't go wrong. :flowers:

J

julz20684

04-30-2007 03:19 PM Blind date? I'd rather have you blind-folded, tied to a bed.

:really: :cool:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
"I know what women want. Lots and lots of attention. You might call it stalking, but they love it! They might try to fool you with a threat, or a restraining order... but they love it."

-Dave Atell

:lmao:

J

julz20684

ylexot said:
Any updates on the stalker...er...ummm...blind date?

I cancelled on the get together for Sunday...and yes I did call him to let him know I would not be going. I received no phone calls Sat/Sun so figured my G/F said something to him.

She did attend the function we were all attending that evening. She gave him some words of wisdom about calling too much, take it slow, meet her first...blah, blah, blah.

Ok now we originally were scheduled to meet this upcoming Friday and the Sunday thing came up last week in between the original set date. So he calls yesterday wanting to know if we can meet for drinks...meanwhile we are still technically scheduled for our original date for Friday....he says that he's getting lots of offers to do things and cannot guarantee me he will be at the function on Friday. :killingme but for me to keep in touch with him as he thinks he and I would make a great connection because he thinks the sound of my voice is great and he's very interested in meeting me.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
julz20684 said:
I cancelled on the get together for Sunday...and yes I did call him to let him know I would not be going. I received no phone calls Sat/Sun so figured my G/F said something to him.

She did attend the function we were all attending that evening. She gave him some words of wisdom about calling too much, take it slow, meet her first...blah, blah, blah.

Ok now we originally were scheduled to meet this upcoming Friday and the Sunday thing came up last week in between the original set date. So he calls yesterday wanting to know if we can meet for drinks...meanwhile we are still technically scheduled for our original date for Friday....he says that he's getting lots of offers to do things and cannot guarantee me he will be at the function on Friday. :killingme but for me to keep in touch with him as he thinks he and I would make a great connection because he thinks the sound of my voice is great and he's very interested in meeting me.

So what, now he's trying the "obsessed, yet hard to get" approach? I've never quite seen that done. :lmao: Very interesting. You'll have to let us know what other little neuroses come out!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
julz20684 said:

I don't think I would go. But I don't date anyway, so what do I know. :lmao:

Booboo3604

Booboo3604 said:
see post #22

Blind Date 05-01-2007 10:57 AM did ya eff him yet?

To my anonymous karma giver, first of all I didn't even start the thread, second of all I was simply directing redskins mama to the post that had asked her exact question. Third of all GROW UP- besides even if I wanted to, your mom beat me to it :killingme

ylexot

Super Genius
Tinkerbell said:
So what, now he's trying the "obsessed, yet hard to get" approach? I've never quite seen that done. :lmao: Very interesting. You'll have to let us know what other little neuroses come out!
:yeahthat:

J

julz20684

Tinkerbell said:

Uh, well I think I just put the number of iggy.

It is all just TFF....now I remember why I hate dating :lmao:

And I don't think I've even gotten into his personal sales pitches about what a great, good-looking, strong guy he is. :rolleyes: