Blood Parrot and Pleco looking for a great home!

T

toppick08

Jay,
The tank is BEAUTIFUL! I know they are both just LOVING life!!!! It's so funny Nemo (I like that, I called him a million different names and nothing ever stuck :) looks so tiny in that tank now :) I'm thrilled that they have adapted so well!! Thank you for the update, I'll be sure to show Addy the pictures :)

Big Hugs!!!
Stacey

:howdy:.....is the spice bush living.......??

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Yeah it's the size of a small Mum - I was surprised to see it get so full so fast :) How big should I expect to see it get this summer? Also the marigolds are up and some have started blooming :) No word from the Zinias (sp???) but I know you mentioned they may or may not take :) Thanks again so much :)

T

toppick08

Yeah it's the size of a small Mum - I was surprised to see it get so full so fast :) How big should I expect to see it get this summer? Also the marigolds are up and some have started blooming :) No word from the Zinias (sp???) but I know you mentioned they may or may not take :) Thanks again so much :)

Big......:yay:

Throw some fertilizer on it, water good......

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have a bubble stone ran by an Aquaculture pump and a Whisper 60 Power Filter.

I debated the screen behind the tank because I like the sunlight to filter in through the windows. It keeps the water warm and bright.

55 gallon tank you might want to think about a canister filter.

Low maintanence, and a lot more filtration surface than a hanging filter, and other than an inlet and an outlet pipe nothing ugly hanging off of the back of the tank.

J

jaybeeztoo

55 gallon tank you might want to think about a canister filter.

Low maintanence, and a lot more filtration surface than a hanging filter, and other than an inlet and an outlet pipe nothing ugly hanging off of the back of the tank.

I'll look into it. Is there a brand and model you would suggest?

I need a need bubble stone too. I learned you don't put them in the dishwasher :blushing:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'll look into it. Is there a brand and model you would suggest?

I need a need bubble stone too. I learned you don't put them in the dishwasher :blushing:

I have an Eheim ECCO on my 49 Gallon tank.. EASY to set up, use and maintain. And QUIET.

Look at bubble walls for the back of the tank. Bubbles are good, they disturb the surface of the water, and of course infuse the water with oxygen..and they just sound cool.. And some fish seem to really enjoy bubbles.. they'll sometimes just sit over the top of the wall getting a bubble massage.

you can get them for the entire width of the back wall of the tank, and you can control the intesnity of the bubbles with a little inline 75 cent plastic valve.

J

jaybeeztoo

I have an Eheim ECCO on my 49 Gallon tank.. EASY to set up, use and maintain. And QUIET.

Look at bubble walls for the back of the tank. Bubbles are good, they disturb the surface of the water, and of course infuse the water with oxygen..and they just sound cool.. And some fish seem to really enjoy bubbles.. they'll sometimes just sit over the top of the wall getting a bubble massage.

you can get them for the entire width of the back wall of the tank, and you can control the intesnity of the bubbles with a little inline 75 cent plastic valve.

The bubble wall sounds cool, plus it would "hide" the tubes that are on the back on the tank. I really don't want to cover it up because I like the sunlight coming in during the day.

Ebay here I come. Thanks Bob!!