Blood Type Diet

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Has anyone else heard of or is practicing the Blood Type Diet? I'm a type O and I recently started following the died prescribed for my blood type, lots of meat protein (especially red), seafood, low grains, lots of veggies, virtually cutting out all dairy, lots of iodine to jumpstart the thyroid. Luckily for me this fits into my eating style already but as I've tried to start fine tuning what I eat based on the recommendations I have noticed a viable difference.
I have lost a bit of weight, my hips no longer ache horribly when I wake up, my digestive system is on track...
Is anyone else trying out the Blood Type Diet? How is it working for you?

kk2187

I wasn't sure if you were serious about this, so I googled it and found Dr. Lam's site. I can't believe another doctor is going to become famous because of some ridiculous diet. If it's working for you, great.. but I don't think any diet telling you to eat a ton of red meat is good, as I've always been told red meat is the worst meat that you can eat, especially in excess.

I'm not gonna lie, I laughed when I looked at the chart on his site. I think he made it up in 20 minutes by grouping random foods together..

Again though, if following this is helping you, then by all means, continue :buddies:

Some "doctors" just baffle me..

Pete

Repete
I checked it out and for my blood type and the only thing I am allowed to eat is a bowl of Lucky Charms 3 times a day with peanut sprinkled on it and a carrot so Dr. Lam can kiss my ass.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I checked it out and for my blood type and the only thing I am allowed to eat is a bowl of Lucky Charms 3 times a day with peanut sprinkled on it and a carrot so Dr. Lam can kiss my ass.

all I got was a Cheerio :ohwell:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:roflmao:

I don't know who the Dr. Lam guy is - but I saw Dr. Adamo Eat Right For Your Type :: The Official Blood Type Diet Site

Blood type diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
on Huckabee's, show, I think. :confused:

Anyway, he's a naturopathic dr. and of course, there's not a lot of scientific evidence to back up the claims he makes.

His book is also on "Quackwatch's list of unrecommended books!
Book Review: Eat Right 4 Your Type

Quackwatch is a website which exposes all kinds of quackery in many types of fields.

kk2187

I don't know who the Dr. Lam guy is

I must've skipped over Dr. Adamo's sites and came to Dr. Lam's site Blood Type Diet

He's just some guy making money off of someone else's crazy idea. The chart lists basically the same thing for each type, minus a meat or a dairy :lol: I wonder how much he makes from the one-on-one advice calls..

I really think I'm in the wrong business sometimes.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I must've skipped over Dr. Adamo's sites and came to Dr. Lam's site Blood Type Diet

He's just some guy making money off of someone else's crazy idea. The chart lists basically the same thing for each type, minus a meat or a dairy :lol: I wonder how much he makes from the one-on-one advice calls..

I really think I'm in the wrong business sometimes.

I check a lot of stuff out on the Quackwatch site. I think Dr. Barrett's site has been around for about 13 years.

Cowgirl

I think any diet that recommends cutting something out completely (like dairy, for example) is ridiculous.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
I think any diet that recommends cutting something out completely (like dairy, for example) is ridiculous.

There are lots of diets that recommend cutting out something completely though I do believe the word used here is foods to "avoid".