Blood work?

kelb

art imitating life
Hey there
I was just wondering if anyone knows of or has had problems after getting blood work done? Any side effects, complications etc...

SShewbert

What love is all about
Of course... some people get bruises.... What kind of side effects??? What did they inject in you? I figured blood work would be blood being taken from you....

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
If they are drawing blood for tests, unless you are a completely wuss, you shouldn't have any side effects.

If you are donating blood, you may experience light headedness, dizziness, nauseousness or fainting. :shrug:

SShewbert

What love is all about
If they are drawing blood for tests, unless you are a completely wuss, you shouldn't have any side effects.

If you are donating blood, you may experience light headedness, dizziness, nauseousness or fainting. :shrug:

Ok thank you I did not think about donating blood.... I am so happy you are on top of it nachomama....

kelb

art imitating life
One of my friends had a bad reaction and said it was because when they pulled the needle out some of the blood got outside of the vein.. is that true???

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
One of my friends had a bad reaction and said it was because when they pulled the needle out some of the blood got outside of the vein.. is that true???

I once attended a "wellness day" at my place of business. The Health Department drew blood for cholesterol and they somehow screwed up the draw. Almost my entire arm ended up being bruised and stayed that way for a few weeks. Very scary looking. I looked like a junkie. Didn't hurt, but they did something wrong.

BlackSheep

Hey there
I was just wondering if anyone knows of or has had problems after getting blood work done? Any side effects, complications etc...

Ask em to use a butterfly and you'll do great....and yes, you can go back to work.:whistle:

I once attended a "wellness day" at my place of business. The Health Department drew blood for cholesterol and they somehow screwed up the draw. Almost my entire arm ended up being bruised and stayed that way for a few weeks. Very scary looking. I looked like a junkie. Didn't hurt, but they did something wrong.

I am talking about lab work here - not blood donation...

If the vein is blown, or the blood exits from the vein - it will surface towards the skin, and that is bruising. It is not a reaction, just a piss poor person working the needle.

The top of my right hand is one big bruise right now because the nurse blew-out one of my veins at the hospital Sunday.

I had more blood drawn today, the girl who did it did not leave a bruise in my arm... she took more just as much blood as what they did at the hospital.

The only reaction you can have is from the alcohol or latex/powder gloves they would use and that would be a rash.

T

toppick08

I am talking about lab work here - not blood donation...

If the vein is blown, or the blood exits from the vein - it will surface towards the skin, and that is bruising. It is not a reaction, just a piss poor person working the needle.

The top of my right hand is one big bruise right now because the nurse blew-out one of my veins at the hospital Sunday.

I had more blood drawn today, the girl who did it did not leave a bruise in my arm... she took more just as much blood as what they did at the hospital.

The only reaction you can have is from the alcohol or latex/powder gloves they would use and that would be a rash.

If you kick the bucket, can I have your GS dog ?.........:coffee:

:lmao: