Blood work?

kelb

art imitating life
I am talking about lab work here - not blood donation...

If the vein is blown, or the blood exits from the vein - it will surface towards the skin, and that is bruising. It is not a reaction, just a piss poor person working the needle.

The top of my right hand is one big bruise right now because the nurse blew-out one of my veins at the hospital Sunday.

I had more blood drawn today, the girl who did it did not leave a bruise in my arm... she took more just as much blood as what they did at the hospital.

The only reaction you can have is from the alcohol or latex/powder gloves they would use and that would be a rash.

OK .. good to know that nothign can REALLY happen from giving blood for lab work. Thank you

SoMDGirl42

it was about a friend.. not me...I guess you didnt read that part :coffee:

Well, tell your "friend" they if they are on antabuse, they shouldn't use an alcohol pad on the skin. That can cause a bad reaction if the alcohol gets into the blood system.

kelb

art imitating life
If you are friends with someone who is seriously concerned about getting blood drawn, then you came here and asked us, you have issues.

LMAO You are saying things to someone you dont even know.. Hmm...issues? me? hmmm I dont think so :):love:

camily

Peace
Well, tell your "friend" they if they are on antabuse, they shouldn't use an alcohol pad on the skin. That can cause a bad reaction if the alcohol gets into the blood system.

Don't think the "friend" is on antabuse. I know who this person is. :lmao::lmao:

camily

Peace
Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:46 AM Shut up witch
Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:45 AM always the ass
Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:44 AM being a beyotch as usual

Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:50 AM Your avatar is offensive
All in the last 10 min! A new record for me! :diva:

camily

Peace
Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:46 AM Shut up witch
Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:45 AM always the ass
Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:44 AM being a beyotch as usual

Blood work? 02-29-2008 09:50 AM Your avatar is offensive
All in the last 10 min! A new record for me! :diva:

Is this true? Just womdering. I don't think so. I love Bettie.