Blue Choice of Maryland makes no sense!

hotcoffee

I spent my lunch hour on the phone this afternoon. Well actually my lunch half hour and the time I was on hold while I was doing payroll [and paying for my portion of the Blue Choice Insurance].

I need a home health care person to change the packing and dress the open wound when my daughter needs a break or when she has to work. I have all the supplies [they aren't covered by my insurance and that's another beef I have].

BUT.... I can't get a home health care person on my insurance unless I am homebound! I can't pay for the insurance if I'm homebound!

Catch 22...... glitch in the program?

:coffee:

mamatutu

mama to two
I spent my lunch hour on the phone this afternoon. Well actually my lunch half hour and the time I was on hold while I was doing payroll [and paying for my portion of the Blue Choice Insurance].

I need a home health care person to change the packing and dress the open wound when my daughter needs a break or when she has to work. I have all the supplies [they aren't covered by my insurance and that's another beef I have].

BUT.... I can't get a home health care person on my insurance unless I am homebound! I can't pay for the insurance if I'm homebound!

Yes, the world of insurance sucks, and will only get worse with Obamacare. I am sorry for your aggravation. Did your daughter get the new job? Hopefully, a nurse looking for extra work or qualified caregiver will see your post. I assume that people can offer private care which would be cheaper than insurance. I don't know anything about this. I hope you get it worked out. :huggy:

hotcoffee

Yes, the world of insurance sucks, and will only get worse with Obamacare. I am sorry for your aggravation. Did your daughter get the new job? Hopefully, a nurse looking for extra work or qualified caregiver will see your post. I assume that people can offer private care which would be cheaper than insurance. I don't know anything about this. I hope you get it worked out. :huggy:

It seems the Insurance Company can work this out if they look at it. My guess is I'm too expensive. If they can cause me to loose my job, then they won't have to cover me anymore. I loose my job I loose my insurance.

Maybe I can get in a study when the HNPCC test comes back positive.

mamatutu

mama to two
It seems the Insurance Company can work this out if they look at it. My guess is I'm too expensive. If they can cause me to loose my job, then they won't have to cover me anymore. I loose my job I loose my insurance.

Maybe I can get in a study when the HNPCC test comes back positive.

Again, I am sorry. In cases like yours, one should not have to worry about the insurance crap. That is why I hate insurance companies; you never know what the allow, whether it be health or home. They take your premiums, but then have a reason not to pay. It makes no sense to me. I hate that you have to go through the added stress. I am a firm believer that everything works out, even if you can't see it at the time. I continue to pray, and hold good thoughts for you. Hang in there.

abcxyz

Yes, but it is not a glitch. It works exactly how they want it to.

hotcoffee

Yes, but it is not a glitch. It works exactly how they want it to.

Well in my humble opinion it's just wrong!

I'm going to call Patient Advocate Monday morning. If that doesn't get it done, then the Insurance Commission will have to be the back up plan.

hotcoffee

Today is Sunday.... Dani's been changing the dressing in the morning. She started back to work and .... well that's another story.

MD Insurance Admin got in touch with me... thanks Linda...

I was supposed to have a Nurse this weekend.... anyone online working for Medstar Nurses? I bet they're somewhere up in PG County.... or Annapolis... but it's a haul riding all the way to Lusby [which they never heard of]... during a holiday weekend.... I get it...

That didn't work out. Dani came by this morning and she'll be here in the morning.

So I'm still being humble ....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Don't call MD Insurance Admin. Call obama and his staff direct.

WH switchboard @ 202-456-1414.

I'm sure the current occupant will be glad to personally help you solve your problem. After all, he did say that the health care experience would be much better after his plan was passed.

hotcoffee

Don't call MD Insurance Admin. Call obama and his staff direct.

WH switchboard @ 202-456-1414.

I'm sure the current occupant will be glad to personally help you solve your problem. After all, he did say that the health care experience would be much better after his plan was passed.

They would be next on my list.

hotcoffee

I hate to move that virus thread off the top.... I may have to go bump it after I post this.... but I did promise and update.

Linda from MD Insurance Admin called me Tuesday.... and so did Laurie from MedStar Nursing.... Susan came by today and said she may be able to schedule two days a week and she's going to work with my schedule...

Awesome....

So new rule for cancer patients.... and I'll be posting this on several sites.... new rule is....

Don't give up... call for help... and be patient... it works....

[To Linda... if you're following.... I just can't write MIA being a Vietnam age woman]