BM Bristle Breakage

Cowgirl

I've been using the handy buki brush to apply my foundation color, and I've noticed the bristles on the brush are breaking in the center. I use the full coverage brush to apply the warmth, and it's fine. :confused: Has anyone else had bristles break, or am I swirling and buffing a little too enthusiastically? :shrug:

T

toppick08

I've been using the handy buki brush to apply my foundation color, and I've noticed the bristles on the brush are breaking in the center. I use the full coverage brush to apply the warmth, and it's fine. :confused: Has anyone else had bristles break, or am I swirling and buffing a little too enthusiastically? :shrug:

What 'dat is ?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

I am pretty much a no make-up person. Can't help you out here...wait for the pro's to answer. :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Buy a new one.
Crown Brush

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I've never had my bristles break off on my brushes.

As a matter of fact, to wash them, I toss them in the washing machine maybe once a month to refresh them (I don't put them in the dryer, though).

I dropped into the Bare Essentials store in the Annapolis Mall today and it is simply wonderful! So many things to try out and play with! They have three work-tables with BM pros just waiting to help you try out whatever you want! :clap:

Cowgirl

I've never had my bristles break off on my brushes.

As a matter of fact, to wash them, I toss them in the washing machine maybe once a month to refresh them (I don't put them in the dryer, though).

:ohwell: Damn. I can't imagine I'm being that rough..but maybe I am.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Thanks! I can get several of those for the price of a BM one.

When you wash any make-up brush make sure you don't soak them. It loosens the glue and causes them to shed, fall apart or the handle can come loose. A quick rinse with gentle shampoo until the water runs clean is long enough. If you want to add a tiny bit of conditioner after washing it will make scratchy brushes softer. Rinse well. Give your brushes a couple good shakes from the handle end to get the water out, blot with a towel and let them air dry.

Cowgirl

When you wash any make-up brush make sure you don't soak them. It loosens the glue and causes them to shed, fall apart or the handle can come loose. A quick rinse with gentle shampoo until the water runs clean is long enough. If you want to add a tiny bit of conditioner after washing it will make scratchy brushes softer. Rinse well. Give your brushes a couple good shakes from the handle end to get the water out, blot with a towel and let them air dry.

Thanks. I hand wash them and don't let them soak. These bristles are breaking about 1/2 way off. :ohwell: Maybe I'll add conditioner and see if that helps any.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Thanks. I hand wash them and don't let them soak. These bristles are breaking about 1/2 way off. :ohwell: Maybe I'll add conditioner and see if that helps any.

It this point it can't hurt. :lol: Though I can't imagine why they are breaking off unless you are applying too much pressure or maybe it's just a crappy brush. But then if that's the case, are you using the same pressure on your skin? Are you getting a rash or is it scratching your face?

Is this your brush?

http://makeupalley.com/product/show...&SortBy=rating-asc&AgeRange=0&skintonetype=-2

Cowgirl

It this point it can't hurt. :lol: Though I can't imagine why they are breaking off unless you are applying too much pressure or maybe it's just a crappy brush. But then if that's the case, are you using the same pressure on your skin? Are you getting a rash or is it scratching your face?

Is this your brush?

http://makeupalley.com/product/show...&SortBy=rating-asc&AgeRange=0&skintonetype=-2

:roflmao: Yes, that's the brush. I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like it. This this is going into the garbage. I haven't noticed any skin irritation, but the coverage sucks. I kept thinking it was the makeup. :lmao:

punjabigyrl

I have noticed that the bristles on my brush is breaking but i have washed my brush 4 times since I have purchased it. I bought the stuff in january.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
:roflmao: Yes, that's the brush. I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like it. This this is going into the garbage. I haven't noticed any skin irritation, but the coverage sucks. I kept thinking it was the makeup. :lmao:

I would definitely call customer service with the ID number of the product that Sharon just sent you. Chances are, if you explain what is going on, they will replace it. Especially if you digitally send them an instant/real time pic or web cam so that if you have no receipt, they know you mean business.

Also, Clinique carries a brush cleaner. You spray, "hand wash", shake and air dry. Easy Peasy.