Boarding Facility w/an Indoor or All Weather Outdoor w/Lights

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Hi, I have a client in the Mechanicsville area that is looking for Winter Boarding at a barn with an Indoor or an Outdoor with All Weather footing that has lights. Also a barn that would allow an outside trainer to come in. First time posting.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Beverly Fields has an indoor just off of Rt 234 and Trinity Church Rd - I'm not sure if she is taking any more boarders. I'll try to get the number to you

spellbound

HorseLady said:
Beverly Fields has an indoor just off of Rt 234 and Trinity Church Rd - I'm not sure if she is taking any more boarders. I'll try to get the number to you

I called Beverly last year I think, and she told me she does not allow outside trainers because she teaches lessons herself.
The name of the farm is El Ammal BTW.

spellbound

HorseLady said:

I think Holly Point will let boarders use their own instructor, as well as trailer-ins to rent the indoor for an hour.

K

Katie

Holly Point does allow people to bring in their own instructors. The indoor is very nice.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
El Ammal ....is that the one that is 60-70 acres and for sale for something like 4 Mil? :faint:
the one where the drive winds around the back of the new barn, real close to the little house to the left of the back of the barn?

spellbound

happyappygirl said:
El Ammal ....is that the one that is 60-70 acres and for sale for something like 4 Mil? :faint:
the one where the drive winds around the back of the new barn, real close to the little house to the left of the back of the barn?

I don't know. I 've never been there before.

fredsaid2

Katie said:
Holly Point does allow people to bring in their own instructors. The indoor is very nice.

I'm surprised at that. I thought they had a trainer that only came a few nights a week. Did they acquire a full time one?

fredsaid2

I think Linden Farm has an indoor. Don't know about boarding or trainers. Check the back of the Equiery for a list of farms and ph numbers.

barncat

BZHorseMomE said:
Hi, I have a client in the Mechanicsville area that is looking for Winter Boarding at a barn with an Indoor or an Outdoor with All Weather footing that has lights. Also a barn that would allow an outside trainer to come in. First time posting.

Sam Hill Farm is off Trinity Church and they allow outside trainers. Aileen has a nice indoor and takes wonderful care of the horses. The number is listed in the Equiery.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:

You have to be talking about Willows Rd...right??

K

Katie

fredsaid2 said:
I'm surprised at that. I thought they had a trainer that only came a few nights a week. Did they acquire a full time one?

They did acquire one. The one horse that was boarded there that I rode the owner had her own trainer come in to work with her. They have since moved to another barn, and the trainer still comes for her lesson.

fredsaid2

persimmoncf said:
You have to be talking about Willows Rd...right??

I think the 68-ish acre place is Eldorado Farms. Seems set up for race training. Looks pretty nice for a mere 1.35 mil. Willows is about 1/2 the acerage for almost triple the price. Super looking barn! Oh for a few extra mil jingling around in your pocket :smile:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
fredsaid2 said:
I think the 68-ish acre place is Eldorado Farms. Seems set up for race training. Looks pretty nice for a mere 1.35 mil. Willows is about 1/2 the acerage for almost triple the price. Super looking barn! Oh for a few extra mil jingling around in your pocket :smile:
the problem with the ElDorado place is he's subdivided off the most beautiful portion of the property, and that subdivision access passes a few feet from the house and right in front of the barn. :dead: we actually looked at that one, we were willing to go for the price, but the layout was not what we wanted, there is no privacy for the primary living arrangments, and the remainder of the property is directly under the power lines. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :crazy: Plus the barn will need several hundred thousand $ to refurbish, it's concrete block and the stalls are all on the inside isles. Not good air flow IMO. I didn't like it.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
BZHorseMomE said:

Welcome BZ mom! :flowers:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
happyappygirl said:
the problem with the ElDorado place is he's subdivided off the most beautiful portion of the property, and that subdivision access passes a few feet from the house and right in front of the barn. :dead: we actually looked at that one, we were willing to go for the price, but the layout was not what we wanted, there is no privacy for the primary living arrangments, and the remainder of the property is directly under the power lines. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :crazy: Plus the barn will need several hundred thousand $ to refurbish, it's concrete block and the stalls are all on the inside isles. Not good air flow IMO. I didn't like it.
But how about the race track....Wasn't that just too cool? Plumloco & I were going to field board some of our horses their in exchange for taking care of the owners 2 Standardbred's. But the deal got derailed by the daughter who waved us down one day when we were leaving to say that her Dad was dieing and she had already started the subdivision so she did not want the couple of horses that were already there let alone any others. I felt sorry for the elderly owner and hope that she at least let his horses stay on the farm till he passed.

Once she subdivided how many acres did she leave with the house & barn? When we were there it was beautiful...with fields of rolling pasture. But if I remeber right she was having 5 parcels subdivided off, so now I guess the pastures are houses :bawl: :bawl:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Funny you guys are talking about the El Dorado Farm. I use to train for him with a friend. It was a nice farm with 2 big ponds on it. The stalls are airy I know I use to clean those big things. Was one of the standardbreds name Newman? He was the best one there. Won alot of money for the guy that owned the place. After he had a stroke the place went to hell. But it was fun sitting in a training cart going 35 mph around the track, plus just jogging everyday. Then to the track at night. Couldn't do it now... :lmao: And yes his daughter was a true #####...Greedy....The wife drives around in an rv with a man dummy in the passenger seat and she told us that it was Ray. She was another piece of work. I miss Ray and the horses from that era but not dealing with his greedy spoiled asses of kids & wife. We'll I'm packing up for my ride to the mnts. Everyone have a good weekend and ride safe!! :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
No houses on there yet, but the most beautiful area around the ponds and rolling hills ARE the subdivided area. I think there are 65 acres left most of the area around the track and directly behind the barn building. The area under the power wires isn't with the property, but can be used for horses or riding, i think. The property in front of the barn is what is all subdivided. We said no thanks. the entire right side of the property is not part of the property any more. on the right side of the driveway around in front of the barn was lopped off and chopped up. :frown: NO privacy and really no where to even put a privacy fence.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Hey everyone, :howdy:

Thanks for all the all the feedback. :smile:

Hi So. MD Rocks. I'll see you on Sunday. Can't wait to hear how Saturday went.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
BZHorseMomE said:
Hey everyone, :howdy:

Thanks for all the all the feedback. :smile:

Hi So. MD Rocks. I'll see you on Sunday. Can't wait to hear how Saturday went.

Gmorning to you. I'm sure Sat. will be a hoot!! :jameo: