Boarding Facility w/an Indoor or All Weather Outdoor w/Lights

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
mingiz said:
Funny you guys are talking about the El Dorado Farm. I use to train for him with a friend. It was a nice farm with 2 big ponds on it. The stalls are airy I know I use to clean those big things. Was one of the standardbreds name Newman? He was the best one there. Won alot of money for the guy that owned the place. After he had a stroke the place went to hell. But it was fun sitting in a training cart going 35 mph around the track, plus just jogging everyday. Then to the track at night. Couldn't do it now... :lmao: And yes his daughter was a true #####...Greedy....The wife drives around in an rv with a man dummy in the passenger seat and she told us that it was Ray. She was another piece of work. I miss Ray and the horses from that era but not dealing with his greedy spoiled asses of kids & wife. We'll I'm packing up for my ride to the mnts. Everyone have a good weekend and ride safe!! :howdy:
I think that Ray died, didn't he? It was a sad situation and he seemed to be beaten down and all his dignity taken away. All we can hope for is that if and when those days come around for us that our family will not do the same. Have a great trip in the mountains and take lots of clothes cause its gonna be a cold one.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
fredsaid2 said:
I'm surprised at that. I thought they had a trainer that only came a few nights a week. Did they acquire a full time one?
I am a trainer out at Holly Point. We have several trainers that work a couple of nights a week. Boarders can bring outside instructors but I think they have to pay a small fee. I have to pay a small fee for my private students. I think they do that to encourage people to be in their lesson program. You can also trailer in for a fee, but you won't be guaranteed to have the ring to yourself. They don't want to discourage their borders from being able to ride. It is a very nice facility.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
:howdy: Thanks for the info. on Holly Point. My client doesn't have a trailer so she was looking to board over the winter and bring her horse home in the Spring. Her mare is starting to come along and she doesn't want to take a few months off for the winter. Guess check into some of the listing in the Equiery.

What about Flat Iron? What is it like and do they allow outside trainers to come in?

fredsaid2

BZHorseMomE said:
:howdy: Thanks for the info. on Holly Point. My client doesn't have a trailer so she was looking to board over the winter and bring her horse home in the Spring. Her mare is starting to come along and she doesn't want to take a few months off for the winter. Guess check into some of the listing in the Equiery.

What about Flat Iron? What is it like and do they allow outside trainers to come in?

Not sure, they have ads in the classifieds w/ contact numbers, worth calling to see. I think they have a sizeable lesson program. It would be a good idea to ask what the ring availability would be.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
happyappygirl said:
the problem with the ElDorado place is he's subdivided off the most beautiful portion of the property, and that subdivision access passes a few feet from the house and right in front of the barn. :dead: we actually looked at that one, we were willing to go for the price, but the layout was not what we wanted, there is no privacy for the primary living arrangments, and the remainder of the property is directly under the power lines. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :crazy: Plus the barn will need several hundred thousand $ to refurbish, it's concrete block and the stalls are all on the inside isles. Not good air flow IMO. I didn't like it.

You were willing to go 1.3 mil? :howdy: :lmao: Wow, I'm impressed. :flowers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Winn Dixie said:
You were willing to go 1.3 mil? :howdy: :lmao: Wow, I'm impressed. :flowers:
don't be. :lol:
it's a matter of perspective. Once you find exactly what you want, THEN you figure out how you'll get it. We know we'll have to fork over something just shy of our first born kid to purchase exactly what we want, but it will be EXACTLY what we want, and we won't move again. And you just never know exactly what you can afford until you decide what you want, then you devise a means to an end. :lol: SO....we might be where we are a while.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
happyappygirl said:
don't be. :lol:
it's a matter of perspective. Once you find exactly what you want, THEN you figure out how you'll get it. We know we'll have to fork over something just shy of our first born kid to purchase exactly what we want, but it will be EXACTLY what we want, and we won't move again. And you just never know exactly what you can afford until you decide what you want, then you devise a means to an end. :lol: SO....we might be where we are a while.

Great logic, now I'm even more impressed. :howdy: Good luck. :yay:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Winn Dixie said:
Great logic, now I'm even more impressed. :howdy: Good luck. :yay:
thanks...we haven't been able to find anything we like more than what we currently have.....yet. i pity poor rottncop when I do though :lol:.