Boat Barnacles

D

dems4me

Its still a little dark when I get home but I took these pictures last night and didn't see any barnacles, guess I didn't look close enough :lol: I wasn't aware of any barnacles until I read RR's thread :jerry: :lol:

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 72
  • boat1.JPG
    boat1.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 73

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Its still a little dark when I get home but I took these pictures last night and didn't see any barnacles, guess I didn't look close enough :lol: I wasn't aware of any barnacles until I read RR's thread :jerry: :lol:

scuff it with some scotch brite and put another coat of paint on her. She will be good for another season to tie to the dock:killingme

D

dems4me

scuff it with some scotch brite and put another coat of paint on her. She will be good for another season to tie to the dock:killingme

:roflmao: You azz :lol: It was tied to the dock most the year because of engine problems :lol: And when it was running I wasn't... I was getting over surgery due to a broken zygomatic bone or something or other. Its the cheek bone by your ear that is right before your jaw hinge :lol: I had to remain stable for a good while for it to heal :lol: Then when ready for crabbing season was in full force my boat wasn't running :crazy: But it's been to the repair shop and I'm good to go now!! :clap: BTW, most the barnacles feel off already, just a few the size of mudbubbles or something on the sides, nothing that you probably can't just pick off or scour off :biggrin: I was picking them off with my hand with no problems :lol:

:roflmao: You azz :lol: It was tied to the dock most the year because of engine problems :lol: And when it was running I wasn't... I was getting over surgery due to a broken zygomatic bone or something or other. Its the cheek bone by your ear that is right before your jaw hinge :lol: I had to remain stable for a good while for it to heal :lol: Then when ready for crabbing season was in full force my boat wasn't running :crazy: But it's been to the repair shop and I'm good to go now!! :clap: BTW, most the barnacles feel off already, just a few the size of mudbubbles or something on the sides, nothing that you probably can't just pick off or scour off :biggrin: I was picking them off with my hand with no problems :lol:

That would be your zygomatic arch.... not a great thing to break!!

D

dems4me

That would be your zygomatic arch.... not a great thing to break!!

yeah, that's it :lol: It wasn't an easy fix, they had to cut a horizontal slit in my temple and drop a thin metal peice down the side to lift it back up. It completed my Frankenstien look I was aiming for :yay: :lol:

If you can pick barnacles off with your fingers please be careful picking your nose.

:lmao:

Mudbubbles?

D

dems4me

If you can pick barnacles off with your fingers please be careful picking your nose.

:lmao:

Mudbubbles?

:lol: its all dried up and they are coming off easily - probably because it has the anti-fouling?? (the kind that prevents this) paint underneath it :lol: It just looks like dried mud with bubbles or something, its a swath of about 3 foot... no barnacle bigger than half an inch if that. :lol: