Boat fire at Piney Point ramp Sunday

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yesterday afternoon a boat burnt to the waterline right at the Piney Point ramp/park. At the same time that 2nd D was putting the fire out, their ambulance was meeting with medevac chopper that landed in a yard nearby. Couldn't tell if there were injuries from the fire or two unrelated incidents? Anybody hear or see anything?

glhs837

Power with Control
That must have been why there was a lot of fire track activity in GMR about that time. Loved the idiot who decided to get into the center turn lane rather than pull over to the curb.....

Looked to be an inboard motor and packed supplies ready for an outing. My bet is on not turning on the venting fans before ignition.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Looked to be an inboard motor and packed supplies ready for an outing. My bet is on not turning on the venting fans before ignition.

That would be my guess too. That said, I've seen cases where there was, for various reasons, so much gasoline sloshing in the bilge that running the vent as you are always supposed to do still did not prevent an explosion. I have an old habit of actually giving the exhaust air from the bilge vents a quick sniff test before hitting the ignitions keys.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I still don't know why Bay District sent a ladder truck. If it wasn't Lundeberg nothing there is over 10ft...........