Boat Salvage

Mikeinsmd

CrashTest said:
Just called DNR. She told me if you have no motor, you need no registration. Call 1-866-688-3823. Talk to a girl named Marilyn.
Then either Marilyn is giving misinformation or their website is. My quote was directly from the website and said if not CG documented, it must be registered in MD. If under a certain HP or length, the fee is waived. :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
I went through 8-9 articles and all I saw was a description of the DNR's authority. :confused:
Yep, 8-719, 8-721 and I think 8-722 are where it gets into the meat of it. No one said it would be easy.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Mikeinsmd said:
The website is poorly worded. Here's a better quote:
Vessels Required to be Registered in Maryland
Any vessel purchased in Maryland that is equipped with primary or secondary propulsion
must register with the Department of Natural Resources and pay vessel excise tax
within 30 days of purchase.
• Federally documented vessels purchased in Maryland do not need to obtain a Maryland title but
are required to purchase a use sticker and pay Maryland vessel excise tax.
• An exception exists for a vessel certifying principal use elsewhere. DNR Form B110 must be filed
with the Department within 30 days of purchase.
From DNR Website

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
The boat is closer to 26'. Me and Little Girl went out Monday evening and took a lookie see. The boat has nothing on it as far as I could see. I checked it out pretty good and I didn't see any numbers engraved in either hull either. The mast is 30'to 35'. It's been there for a right good while. I stripped off some of the blocks and tackles. I'm going back to get the rest as soon as I can get a trailer. I'm prolly going to have to disassemble the boat but it looks easy. 8 bolts and I have two halves. Hey Dup, How big is your trailer?? :lmao: Mikey,whacha doin' Saturday evening?? It's very light too. I kinda picked it up. Thatkidistight, you can have your boat when you pay my salvage fee. :buddies:

CrashTest

The first bullet below seems clear enough. This is from BoaterED.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 88
gumby said:
Thatkidistight, you can have your boat when you pay my salvage fee. :buddies:
Done:yay:

But it sounds like a pretty sweet catamaran, why strip it all down for a blind?
I have a john boat you can have for trade.