Body cam footage of George Floyd arrest

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So he DID resist, refused to get in the car, and started fighting with them when they tried to get him in the car. Screaming that he couldn't breathe before anyone even touched him..

Good to know..

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm still mixed over this. I was already convinced Floyd resisted to some degree. Was his resistance enough to warrant what Chauvin did? Was Floyd's pleas just a tactic to avoid being arrested? It's pretty apparent to me Floyd was suffering a major panic attack. People have died during panic attacks. Is this an example of cops not being trained to identify this sort of medical situation?

Then there is the knee on the neck. Was that really justified, even if Floyd had lived. But, he died. I almost believe that, if the cops had been able to get Floyd in that car and shut the doors, that he still would've have died. But, I do have a hard time with Chauvin keeping his knee planted firmed in Floyd's neck.

Hijinx

I am pretty sure he had been in the back of a police car before this time.
He should have been used to it.

Reactions: BOP

herb749

I've seen that before. The guy whined from the start. Asking the cops not to shoot him. Refusing to get into the cop car claiming he was claustrophobic and couldn't breathe. He was sitting in a car when they stopped him. Wasn't claustrophobic then. He was the one who wanted to lay in the street. The cops kept asking him if he was on something.

PsyOps

Pixelated
NOT for 8 minuets ...... not for 2 min after Floyd stopped breathing, NOT after his partner told him

he's not breathing

I would really like to know what Chauvin was thinking. It's easy to be armchair quarterback cop and criticize what they do and judge their intentions. I find it hard to believe his intentions were to kill Floyd, especially with all the cameras around, and the intense attention and scrutiny being placed on cops these days. I don't know, maybe Chauvin was just a bad cop. He does a questionable past.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I would really like to know what Chauvin was thinking.

From everything I read Floyd was passively resisting doing the rag doll thing to make life more difficult on the cops

Chauvin INHO engaged in ' respect my authority ' mentality .....

I'm going to teach this ass hole a lesson

Chauvin was a Bad Cop with 18 complaints filed against him

I don't think he intended to murder Floyd ... but he was hyped on that moral indignation of having a criminal refuse to co operate

Certainly man slaughter ... depraved indifference .... the fact his partner questioned him about what was going on and Chauvin blew him off shows Chauvin has some mental issues IMHO

PsyOps

Pixelated
From everything I read Floyd was passively resisting doing the rag doll thing to make life more difficult on the cops

I don't think he intended to murder Floyd ... but he was hyped on that moral indignation of having a criminal refuse to co operate

Certainly man slaughter ... depraved indifference .... the fact his partner questioned him about what was going on and Chauvin blew him off shows Chauvin has some mental issues IMHO

I tend to agree. I try not to read peoples' minds, but you can see by his non-verbals he was definitely indignant towards his partners and Floyd.

The one thing I do like to keep in mind - and this is not, by any means, to justify what Chauvin did - is, I get the sense that a lot of cops are getting fed up with this 'cops are the bad guys and the bad guys are the good guys' mentality. They go into almost every situation now, second-guessing what they do, that might be framed against them, ruining their lives and careers. Their job is impossible enough; but to have this added contempt towards them from the public has to be, at a minimum, frustrating. And these people who hate cops have become so emboldened in their hatred that they feel they can do nearly anything they want to a cop and get away with it. I watched that video where this woman sucker-punched a cop twice. These weren't just little pokes. These were full-on Mike Tyson hooks to the face. This country has gone nuts.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Although I'm not condoning what this or any other cop has done that was criminal in nature, I agree with Psy. It does seem like the cops are fed up and I can't blame them.

They deal with dirtbags, a$$holes, murderers, rapists and theives on a daily basis that, mostly, get out of jail and back on the street before the cop is done with the paperwork.

Contrary to Hissys "Cops are Evil" mentality, I have pretty good interactions with cops all my life, but then I've never been a felon nor given them a hard time when I was caught dead to rights doing something stupid in my car. ( Once even for cutting doughnuts on 925 during a snowstorm and having a blast)

They're usually easy going and will even cut you a break if you just take the attitude, "yeah, I ####ed up. You got me." and move on.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
IMHO, it all boils down to one thing. Had Floyd complied with the officers' orders, he would be alive today. I hope this gets a bad cop off the streets. I respect police officers and what they do, however, I despise cops that abuse their authority and treat everybody like lesser human beings. Floyd was by no means compliant, but he didn't deserve to die. He should've been in jail from his prior convictions.

It's past time to look at activist judges. We have them right here in St. Mary's. I've witnessed first hand how repeat offenders are treated by the judicial system locally and it's appalling.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BLM should have jumped on Brionna Taylor instead. A much more worthy cause and one I think we all agree on more or less.

You have to wonder why the media gloms onto these criminal POS and further a fake news narrative. It's like they think they truth will never come out. I've no doubt that they all - including the politicians - knew what really happened, so I'm guessing they just wanted a race riot.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
BLM should have jumped on Brionna Taylor instead. A much more worthy cause and one I think we all agree on more or less.

Floyd gave them a prepackaged video for the news cycle

Taylor is a better story I agree ......

Hessian

Right there is the crux of the matter.
If the DA (under intense social pressure) decides to throw "Murder 1st or 2nd degree" at Chauvin...I simply cannot believe a jury will go to that extent (unless they fear for their lives). If they acquit of those charges...um, expect a spasm of more Burning, Looting & Murder.

Timing: If those charges get applied before the election...even that could reignite the crazies.

Last edited: