boo to religion

janey83

Twenty Something
tlatchaw said:
boo to secular humanism!

Secular humanism is the root of all evil!

(Hey if you want to argue ad-hominem, one ridiculous assertion is as good as another):neener:

Welcome to the forums! :howdy:

:coffee: ad-hominem is a personal attack on someone just because of who they are, not their opinions/beliefs....I spent hours and hours studying for my argument class yesterday and that was on my final at 8am this morning....but I am DONE FOREVER with that crazy class....

kingpl2

Penn said:
And that is true. You can lie to yourself all day and get away with it.
If you're lying to God, well, all I can say is pray a lot and ask for His forgiveness, and hope to Heaven He hears you.

But you know life can last a long time, you still may have the time to set things right.

All you have to do is make a choice; do I want to continue my life this way, or is it time to try out a new one?

I said this in another thread many moons ago: It's your choice to walk away from God. He didn't walk away from you.

The really neat thing about it is that He is waiting for you to return to His ways, and He will welcome you with open arms.

But you have to make that first step.
I realize I'm responding to a 2 year old.. message but anyway.
"Believing" is not all that is required, if that were true devils would be in heaven and they are not. The devils "believe" in Jesus they however did not worship him as lord.
many will say lord lord but will not enter it is those who do the will of my father in heaven,...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
kingpl2 said:
I realize I'm responding to a 2 year old.. message but anyway.
"Believing" is not all that is required, if that were true devils would be in heaven and they are not. The devils "believe" in Jesus they however did not worship him as lord.
many will say lord lord but will not enter it is those who do the will of my father in heaven,...
Amen

Esprix

vraiblonde said:
You should go to one of those churches that get away from literal Biblical teachings and go more toward the intent of religion and the Bible. I can't think of a denomination right now but someone else will know.

Unitarian Universalism is a great religion when you have questions, because you are free to explore different beliefs, and be in a place where others will support your search.

IMHO, at least.

Esprix