Book Club

sn315on

Southern Gal
I was thinking about starting a book club in the Waldorf/La Plata area. Are you interested?
It would be focused on the books, but there would be social time as well. Books you can take out from the library or purchase. Rotating homes for meetings may work, or maybe just a few people would host. Monthly meetings, usually after work during the week for a hour or 90 minutes or so. If there's a lot of people, the time may have to be extended so everyone can give a review or ask questions.
If you are interested, please either PM me or reply here. This is just an post to see if there's an interest for enough people. I have four people interested that I know. Ideas are welcomed, so please let me know what you think. Also, what you think about the meetings rotating through other homes or just for a few people to host. [FONT=&quot]
I think that a week night, maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday would be good to have a book club meeting. We'd decide on the book we're going to read for the next month and discuss the book we just finished.

The first meeting may be a little longer as we need to make decisions about a few things such as times/dates/genres. I would like to read all kinds of fiction books for a book club. Just not really anything too out there or gross.

Thanks!

<!--[endif]-->[/FONT]

Last edited:

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
I would be interested in something like that. I read quite alot! Just let me know if you set something up. Great idea btw!

LadyWolf

I might consider joining a book club. Let me know. I don't read much, but might help me to get in the habit instead of what I actually do in my spare time.

sn315on

Southern Gal
Great, thanks for replying! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you guys. I think I will start something up in the Fall. Please message me a good email address and I will put you on the contact list!

Traffic

I might be interested if my schedule is not too crazy in the fall. I was in a book club before & it really was alot of fun! The host would invite those to her house(the one i was in was females only)and have coffe, tea, little snacks, etc. and we would take turns talking about the book. The husband, boyfriend, etc. would take the kids somewhere so there would be no interuptions. Pencil me in.

sn315on

Southern Gal
Hey, please PM me your email address so I can add you to the list. As far as I know we aren't having any children in the mix. It's all women right now. I think it will be late October when we first meet.

I might be interested if my schedule is not too crazy in the fall. I was in a book club before & it really was alot of fun! The host would invite those to her house(the one i was in was females only)and have coffe, tea, little snacks, etc. and we would take turns talking about the book. The husband, boyfriend, etc. would take the kids somewhere so there would be no interuptions. Pencil me in.

sn315on

Southern Gal
Anyone else interested? The first meeting is the 21st of October. I think there's 5-8 of us. Let me know either here on the thread or through a PM. :)

E

EmptyTimCup

I was thinking about starting a book club in the Waldorf/La Plata area. Are you interested?

as long as they have pictures, and I don't have to color in the lines .... :killingme

seriously though .... what kinda of stuff are you reading ....

[amazon]0226320553[/amazon] [amazon]1928653111[/amazon][amazon]0385511841[/amazon] [amazon]1416560440[/amazon][amazon]0671657151[/amazon] [amazon]0452011841[/amazon]

[amazon]0452281253[/amazon] [amazon]0452011876[/amazon][amazon]0452286751[/amazon] [amazon]0807848417[/amazon]

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Im_Me

as long as they have pictures, and I don't have to color in the lines .... :killingme

seriously though .... what kinda of stuff are you reading ....

[amazon]0226320553[/amazon] [amazon]1928653111[/amazon][amazon]0385511841[/amazon] [amazon]1416560440[/amazon][amazon]0671657151[/amazon] [amazon]0452011841[/amazon]

[amazon]0452281253[/amazon] [amazon]0452011876[/amazon][amazon]0452286751[/amazon] [amazon]B0030GV1W2[/amazon]

:popcorn:

Thanks for including these covers. I thought I'd read all of Ayn Rand's fiction, but I had missed Anthem. I'll have to look for it the Library when I return the books I have now.

E

EmptyTimCup

Thanks for including these covers. I thought I'd read all of Ayn Rand's fiction, but I had missed Anthem. I'll have to look for it the Library when I return the books I have now.

Anthem is great and a short read ....