Born schizophrenic

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Coming on discovery health at 9. I am REALLY excited..one of the most fascinating parts of psychology and my study of it..is disorders in children. I am VERY wary of childhood diagnoses...and psychotic children are so rare...I just can't wait to see this..I would love to discuss it with anyone who wants to tune in tonight...SO just rolls his eyes when I talk psychology ..he thinks it's all quacky.:killingme He's just mad I analyze him..and i'm right :whistle:

anyway..should be really interesting to watch.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Coming on discovery health at 9. I am REALLY excited..one of the most fascinating parts of psychology and my study of it..is disorders in children. I am VERY wary of childhood diagnoses...and psychotic children are so rare...I just can't wait to see this..I would love to discuss it with anyone who wants to tune in tonight...SO just rolls his eyes when I talk psychology ..he thinks it's all quacky.:killingme He's just mad I analyze him..and i'm right :whistle:

anyway..should be really interesting to watch.

What is wrong with SO, and do you think it was in his genes at birth? :popcorn:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
hahaha with him...it's all nurture..maybe a little nature...mostly nurture. :killingme:killingme

Interesting. Probably best kept to PM's. :lol: (poor SO)

I'll be watching at 9:00. I have a feeling it will be the same as what we already knew. Some are simply born with the wrong wiring, and now they are being diagnosed much earlier. Nurture can enable/correct the path...either way. Being diagnosed earlier could be good if handled correctly.

Pandora's Box?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I am just not sure what I think of these "early" cases..since the norm is for the symptoms to develop during young adulthood..you would think there would be some sort of hormonal trigger? And many theories revolve around the trigger of "stress" that accompanies that age..so neither of those fit a 5 year old girl...its less common in females to begin with..seems bizarre...

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I am just not sure what I think of these "early" cases..since the norm is for the symptoms to develop during young adulthood..you would think there would be some sort of hormonal trigger? And many theories revolve around the trigger of "stress" that accompanies that age..so neither of those fit a 5 year old girl...its less common in females to begin with..seems bizarre...

"Schizophrenogenic" parents. Technology and recording every moment of her life has furthered the diagnosis along. Poor little girl. JMO

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
"Schizophrenogenic" parents. Technology and recording every moment of her life has furthered the diagnosis along. Poor little girl. JMO

You think there is anything strange about the mom? I just get a weird vibe from her...like she's a little "off" ?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Ok, I'm watching now. I didn't even know we had this channel! And it's Psych week! :yay:

christy217

?

I don't know what to think! This is interesting! I love this channel, however, mental illness is very serious in any aspects, doesn't get the recognition or credit it deserves in so many areas, and still has a lot of stigmas associated with it that are negative unfortunately.

This child is obviously bright, with a 146 IQ, but she has a mental illness all the same. I feel for her and her family, this has to be rough on them, and I am thankful that I have my health for the most part! :)

Bann

PREMO Member
She is really engaging..magnetic. Her mom is really bugging me..I can't put my finger on it

I came in late to the program. I can't figure out why they were having a problem with the school. They should have an IEP for her.

I'm watching the Psychiatrist now say she looks so drugged. I saw that right away when I looked at the child.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Weird..and this may be because she is a child and I have only seen adolescents and adults...but she doesn't exactly SEEM schizophrenic...in the way that I have experienced.. the hand thing she does is pretty common and of course delusions and hallucinations..but her focus seems to be there..something that is rare is someone actively psychotic.. not to mention she realizes that the "numbers" are part of her illness...that is sophisticated even for an adult witht he disease..many will get REALLY angry if you even suggest it..this is really neat to watch though..

Bann

PREMO Member
Weird..and this may be because she is a child and I have only seen adolescents and adults...but she doesn't exactly SEEM schizophrenic...in the way that I have experienced.. the hand thing she does is pretty common and of course delusions and hallucinations..but her focus seems to be there..something that is rare is someone actively psychotic.. not to mention she realizes that the "numbers" are part of her illness...that is sophisticated even for an adult witht he disease..many will get REALLY angry if you even suggest it..this is really neat to watch though..

I really don't know much about schizophrenia. The only things I've ever really read were the people like the Texas mother who murdered her children, that actress Margot Kidder, etc.

What is the thing with numbers? That is really bizarre.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I came in late to the program. I can't figure out why they were having a problem with the school. They should have an IEP for her.

I'm watching the Psychiatrist now say she looks so drugged. I saw that right away when I looked at the child.

They took her out of school due to violent outbursts..and she goes after school on her own. They have her on quite a few serious meds...ones that drive adults to stop them because of the side effects..I would try to keep her off of them while she is able to be controlled..and save them for when shes older and bigger...but thats just me.. She's zonked i really feel awful for the kid.

I had a good discussion one day in class ...where I argued that we may be stifiling natural creativity in children by drugging them...now of course schizophrenics NEED meds..I will never argue about that..but if she is able to be controlled I would let her be and try that...

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Her mother stresses at birth that "her eyes don't focus...there's something wrong". Goes on that the child is brilliant and does not act as other babies would (ABNORMAL>>SMART!)

UGH!

Introduce a new baby? Imaginary friends?

Poor Jani...now drugged out and her mother is getting attention she may have wanted all along.

This is just my take on what I watched tonight.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I really don't know much about schizophrenia. The only things I've ever really read were the people like the Texas mother who murdered her children, that actress Margot Kidder, etc.

What is the thing with numbers? That is really bizarre.

numbers is a common theme with schizophrenics as are religous ideas.. she just seems so sophisticated..it makes me want to meet her