Botox Injections

M

Mousebaby

Has anyone had them for medical reasons and not cosmetic?

Does it hurt really bad? What can I expect? I am so scared, they are injecting these things into my neck. I want my bwankie! :baby:

M

Mousebaby

Are you getting them for migraines? I'm going for Prolo therapy next month!

Yes, I have daily migraines. I take so many pain pills it is unreal. And most of the time they only take the edge off.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Good luck to both of you. I hope you find relief in the treatments. I just made a bunch of Dr appointments this morning since it's been years (over 13 for some) since I went. I made an eye appt, general check-up, and a GYN appt. My luck, I'll go just to find out there's something wrong. I like being in the dark about things like that but my husbands been nagging me for years to go. He keeps saying "If you die, I'll have to raise the kids and we both don't want that to happen".

M

Mousebaby

Me too and every preventative treatment they've tried has been a wash. I'm really excited!

Yeah everything they have tried on me has not worked at all either. I am praying that this works if it doesn't I don't know what I will do. I am at the end of my rope. 20 yrs. I have suffered and have gotten no relief. I will let you know how it goes. I will be home before 4 tomorrow.

Who is you Dr.?

M

Mousebaby

Good luck to both of you. I hope you find relief in the treatments. I just made a bunch of Dr appointments this morning since it's been years (over 13 for some) since I went. I made an eye appt, general check-up, and a GYN appt. My luck, I'll go just to find out there's something wrong. I like being in the dark about things like that but my husbands been nagging me for years to go. He keeps saying "If you die, I'll have to raise the kids and we both don't want that to happen".

I'm sure you will be fine, unless you've been having symptoms of something wrong. I am 40 and have never had a bad GYN visit. You should be fine. Don't worry. :huggy:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm sure you will be fine, unless you've been having symptoms of something wrong. I am 40 and have never had a bad GYN visit. You should be fine. Don't worry. :huggy:

Thanks. No symptoms but that's what has me worried really. I don't want to think everything is fine and find out something has been wrong for years and never knew it. Regardless, I will feel better knowing either way. You'd think I'd be smarter about my health having two young kids.( :smack: to myself.) I am also going to start going to the dentist too. My kids have an appointment next month so I'll schedule one for myself when I schedule their next one.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Yeah everything they have tried on me has not worked at all either. I am praying that this works if it doesn't I don't know what I will do. I am at the end of my rope. 20 yrs. I have suffered and have gotten no relief. I will let you know how it goes. I will be home before 4 tomorrow.

Who is you Dr.?

Dr. Leon in Waldorf. Not one nuerologist has offered me anything that brought relief.

Look up prolotherapy. I want to try it opposed to the botox.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Has anyone had them for medical reasons and not cosmetic?

Does it hurt really bad? What can I expect? I am so scared, they are injecting these things into my neck. I want my bwankie! :baby:
Of course it hurts! But it doesn't last long. What part of your neck? In the front/back? You have to be careful the botox doesn't cause swelling and breathing problems.

M

Mousebaby

Of course it hurts! But it doesn't last long. What part of your neck? In the front/back? You have to be careful the botox doesn't cause swelling and breathing problems.

Yeah he keeps you there for a while after he does it to watch you. He is a really good Dr. but my head seems to have him stumped. I have really weird symptoms. Great now that I know they hurt I don't wanna go! :bawl:

:lmao:

Oh and as far as where I am not sure yet, I won't find out til tomorrow! :gulp:

M

Mousebaby

Well ladies, no Botox injections for me! My insurance company sent in a denial fax this morning before I left to have the procedure done. :burning: Apparently since the procedure is still in investigational stage for migraines they won't cover it! I am so pissed!!! So now I am to go into my Drs. office Monday to discuss other alternatives. What now, does anyone know where a doc might go from here? I am so desperate I was bawling on the phone to the insurance company. I cannot keep popping pain killers 24/7! I have one kidney and it's going bad on me and pain killers are only making matters worse. But there is no way on God's green earth I can go without some kind of pain intervention. :bawl:

I have never been so disappointed in my life. Why the hell do we pay so much for insurance if they are not going to help us when we're seriously ill???

What gets me the most is that this very same insurance company will pay for a little blue pill cause some guy can't get an erection, but won't pay to help someone in pain every single day of their lives!!! :banghead:

Needless to say, I will still suffer, and these guys will be able to get their dicks up no problem. Goody for them! :burning:

T

toppick08

Well ladies, no Botox injections for me! My insurance company sent in a denial fax this morning before I left to have the procedure done. :burning: Apparently since the procedure is still in investigational stage for migraines they won't cover it! I am so pissed!!! So now I am to go into my Drs. office Monday to discuss other alternatives. What now, does anyone know where a doc might go from here? I am so desperate I was bawling on the phone to the insurance company. I cannot keep popping pain killers 24/7! I have one kidney and it's going bad on me and pain killers are only making matters worse. But there is no way on God's green earth I can go without some kind of pain intervention. :bawl:

I have never been so disappointed in my life. Why the hell do we pay so much for insurance if they are not going to help us when we're seriously ill???

What gets me the most is that this very same insurance company will pay for a little blue pill cause some guy can't get an erection, but won't pay to help someone in pain every single day of their lives!!! :banghead:

Needless to say, I will still suffer, and these guys will be able to get their dicks up no problem. Goody for them! :burning:

:huggy:, sorry Mouse..:love:

I can give you an injection....:whistle:

:lmao:/j/k

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Why not pay out-of-pocket? The cost should average $250-$400.

M

Mousebaby

Why not pay out-of-pocket? The cost should average $250-$400.

Well that's what we thought, it was 905.00 for the injections! :faint: I don't have that kind of money just laying around and we don't own credit cards. Those get us into major trouble! So we just said never mind. :ohwell:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Well that's what we thought, it was 905.00 for the injections! :faint: I don't have that kind of money just laying around and we don't own credit cards. Those get us into major trouble! So we just said never mind. :ohwell:
Check into another doctor if at all possible. I know people who get regular botox injections and never pay more than $400.