Boy Scouts Will Now Admit Girls

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

When I was in Scouts, back in the day, if there was a lake at the camp area, we'd all get down to our underwear and go swimming. How is that going to work with a girl, or girls, around? Boys need to be with only boys and men who are leaders and mentors to really grasp that male group think and leadership learning, and grow together, and talk about the changes that each face as they grow up and tell stories and talk about things, and work through things, that only boys and young men understand and relate to. Having girls around will sniffle their thoughts and actions. JHFC! Is nothing sacred anymore? I foresee a new young boys and young men's group that will mirror the old Boy Scouts program as it was in the past coming soon. The current Boy Scouts is dead. And just wait for the first instance of a claim of some kind of sexual misconduct or touching or some BS accusing a Cub, Webelos or Scout. Or a Den father or Scout Master. The membership will plummet. Men will not allow their sons to be exposed to this forced political feminism and de-masculinity programming.

Hijinx

If I may ...

When I was in Scouts, back in the day, if there was a lake at the camp area, we'd all get down to our underwear and go swimming. How is that going to work with a girl, or girls, around? Boys need to be with only boys and men who are leaders and mentors to really grasp that male group think and leadership learning, and grow together, and talk about the changes that each face as they grow up and tell stories and talk about things, and work through things, that only boys and young men understand and relate to. Having girls around will sniffle their thoughts and actions. JHFC! Is nothing sacred anymore? I foresee a new young boys and young men's group that will mirror the old Boy Scouts program as it was in the past coming soon. The current Boy Scouts is dead. And just wait for the first instance of a claim of some kind of sexual misconduct or touching or some BS accusing a Cub, Webelos or Scout. Or a Den father or Scout Master. The membership will plummet. Men will not allow their sons to be exposed to this forced political feminism and de-masculinity programming.

Good Post.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A report from last spring claims the Girl Scouts membership has declined 12% per year in recent years, and while GSA leadership sloughs of claims that its because the organization has incorporated more politics into its programming, the same report indicated GSA leadership fears a split inside the organization, as more conservative members pull away.

That has feminists panicking. In a near-hysterical essay for Slate, one feminist writer, Christina Cauterucci, begged parents not to pull their kids out of the Girl Scouts or "give in" to the Boy Scouts' agenda of extending their mostly-nonpartisan curriculum to co-ed groups. The Boy Scouts are terrible, she moans, accusing BSA of everything from misogyny to embracing President Donald Trump.

In fact, she says, the Boy Scouts should just be more like the Girl Scouts because the Boy Scouts reinforces toxic masculinity. "If boys have a special, specific need today, it’s not for a group that reinforces traditionally masculine behaviors and activities," Canterucci claims.

It seems almost as if they're less concerned that girls might be gaining valuable life training from the Boy Scouts and more that they might be losing the ability to indoctrinate an entire generation of girls into radical feminism.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20171/feminists-are-worried-boy-scouts-are-stealing-emily-zanotti

Hijinx

A report from last spring claims the Girl Scouts membership has declined 12% per year in recent years, and while GSA leadership sloughs of claims that its because the organization has incorporated more politics into its programming, the same report indicated GSA leadership fears a split inside the organization, as more conservative members pull away.

That has feminists panicking. In a near-hysterical essay for Slate, one feminist writer, Christina Cauterucci, begged parents not to pull their kids out of the Girl Scouts or "give in" to the Boy Scouts' agenda of extending their mostly-nonpartisan curriculum to co-ed groups. The Boy Scouts are terrible, she moans, accusing BSA of everything from misogyny to embracing President Donald Trump.

In fact, she says, the Boy Scouts should just be more like the Girl Scouts because the Boy Scouts reinforces toxic masculinity. "If boys have a special, specific need today, it’s not for a group that reinforces traditionally masculine behaviors and activities," Canterucci claims.

It seems almost as if they're less concerned that girls might be gaining valuable life training from the Boy Scouts and more that they might be losing the ability to indoctrinate an entire generation of girls into radical feminism.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20171/feminists-are-worried-boy-scouts-are-stealing-emily-zanotti

Maybe the decline in the Girl Scouts ranks has something to do with their Lesbian and LGBTQ acceptance.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Have to say I was extremely underwhelmed by the Girl Scouts when it came to my daughters.
While my son went camping, hiking, kayaking, got to shoot arrows (and later, guns), play lacrosse, go rock climbing, and do all kinds of fun stuff - my daughters pretty much made crafts and displays.

So when it came to things like beach clean up and Scouting for food (collecting food for charity) they were always with my son. They love to help. THAT is the Scouts they want to do.

NOW - what I *WISH* they would do - is make Girl Scouts *LIKE* Boy Scouts. Make it full of outdoors activities, leadership and citizenship.
Instead of what it seems to be in most places.

We were just having this same discussion..

I could think of a LOT of girls that would want NOTHING to do with the Girl Scouts, but doing Boy Scout stuff would have been a blast.

I'm all for it, BUT what to do during primitive camping events.. summer camping events?? Are we going to have co-ed tents??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Have to say I was extremely underwhelmed by the Girl Scouts when it came to my daughters.
While my son went camping, hiking, kayaking, got to shoot arrows (and later, guns), play lacrosse, go rock climbing, and do all kinds of fun stuff - my daughters pretty much made crafts and displays.

So when it came to things like beach clean up and Scouting for food (collecting food for charity) they were always with my son. They love to help. THAT is the Scouts they want to do.

NOW - what I *WISH* they would do - is make Girl Scouts *LIKE* Boy Scouts. Make it full of outdoors activities, leadership and citizenship.
Instead of what it seems to be in most places.

I fear just the opposite..

They allow girls in to Boy Scouts, then insist they do more "girl stuff"...

They'll be selling cookies soon.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BS and GS are no longer what they were originally intended to be. It's about the bottom line, now. During GS cookie season and BS popcorn season, you can barely get into a store without being accosted. Indentured servitude. There are other options, even if it's only you taking your kids into the woods and teaching them survival skills. We recently purchased a Golden Boy. It will go into service in the near future. Until then, I'll keep it well oiled :biggrin:

Last edited:

SamSpade

During GS cookie season and BS popcorn season, you can barely get into a store without being accosted. Indentured servitude.

Not really - at least with BSA, profits from those sales go directly to individual accounts for each boy - so they can do things like go to Scout camp.
The more sales they pile up, the more things they can go to without Mom and Dad having to pay for it. I'm doing it with my son, because frankly, I can't afford Scout camp.

Restitution

Not really - at least with BSA, profits from those sales go directly to individual accounts for each boy - so they can do things like go to Scout camp.
The more sales they pile up, the more things they can go to without Mom and Dad having to pay for it. I'm doing it with my son, because frankly, I can't afford Scout camp.

Seconded! In fact, if you do a little Goole-fu... you will see that the GSA cookie program is the REAL money grab!

Hank

my war
BS and GS are no longer what they were originally intended to be. It's about the bottom line, now. During GS cookie season and BS popcorn season, you can barely get into a store without being accosted. Indentured servitude. There are other options, even if it's only you taking your kids into the woods and teaching them survival skills. We recently purchased a Golden Boy. It will go into service in the near future. Until then, I'll keep it well oiled :biggrin:

Accosted? Exaggerate much? Queen Malice can't handle nor be bothered with a simple "would you like to buy some cookies" question.... Damn peasants!

mAlice

professional daydreamer

That's all fine and good, but you can't convince me it's not about the money, when you have fortune 500 companies donating, United Way (and how many other charities), and personal donations. I'm not saying that what you're saying is untrue, just that I still think it's about the money.