Boycott Expected?

tommyjones

Seems as though at least on Black Radio host is agitated enough to call for a Boycott tomorrow. Although I'm your average white guy I'm thinking about throwing my support by going fishing tomorrow instead of showing up for work and would play nicely as a three day weekend.

Radio host rallies blacks for Friday boycott - CNN.com

they should have choosen a better day, they all get their gubment checks tomorrow, you know they are going to be out buying a lot of newports and ripple!

did i forget the :sarcasm: tag again?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I read this article three times and I didn't understand the principles at all. Do the individuals involved in leading this boycott have a true agenda?! - Because that article bounces all over the place.

I think a boycott is a fine way to make a point...however, there should be a point - a message, that is actually understood.

:shrug:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

EDIT:

guess i should read the article before i post lmao.

i thought it involved the black people not going into work or something :lmao:

anyway, it does seem dumb to just not spend money or whatever on friday lol. that really isn't going to solve anything. Why not hold onto their welfare money during the week when they should be out looking for a job...:whistle:

:lmao:

seriously though...i don't get what one day of some people not spending money (anywhere?) will do...how is that helping the black community in any way? how about they donate to their people who are getting paid off of our taxes :biggrin:

:pete:

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I read this article three times and I didn't understand the principles at all. Do the individuals involved in leading this boycott have a true agenda?! - Because that article bounces all over the place.

I think a boycott is a fine way to make a point...however, there should be a point - a message, that is actually understood.

:shrug:
:yeahthat: It's all too vague.

They don't spend money on Friday, soooo...they spend it on Saturday, which is when they were going to spend it anyway.

And what about Black business people, won't they "suffer" just as much? In fact, I'd argue that they'd suffer more, because the types of people who might actually protest, are the sorts who will choose a black owned business over a white one, given a choice.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I love the ads that come up in these threads sometimes...they are often so relevant to the topic...

Like this thread, it has an ad for pet waste removal... the boycotters are full of sh!t, so :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

We be victims and de gubbermint ain't holding our hand when we cross the street

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's interesting is that all these shenanigans appear to be having just the opposite effect of what the "black leadership" (whatever that means) is trying to accomplish.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Pete

Repete
You have to wonder how long whitey is going to sit back and be accused of a bunch of phantom wrong doings. Every stinking day we are being told how we are oppressing the black man. Honestly I haven't oppressed anyone white or black in over a month.

Last edited:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

What's interesting is that all these shenanigans appear to be having just the opposite effect of what the "black leadership" (whatever that means) is trying to accomplish.

yeahhhh, i'm not even sure anymore what they are trying to accomplish.

i'd think if they wanted equality then this guy would have encouraged ALL people, not just blacks, to boycott racism.

but what do i know, i'm white :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
i'd think if they wanted equality then this guy would have encouraged ALL people, not just blacks, to boycott racism.

They don't want equality - they already have that. Now they (and I use that term to mean the race-hustlers) want to make a buck by rousing the rabble. And if they have to make fools of themselves to do it, so be it. Because who's more foolish: them for rousing, or the rabble that follow them so blindly?

P

Patch Tuesday

People make the mistake of forgetting Al Sharpton's rise to power...

"On November 28, 1987, Tawana Brawley, a 15-year-old black girl, was found smeared with feces, lying in a garbage bag, her clothing torn and burned and with various slurs and epithets written on her body in charcoal. Brawley claimed she had been assaulted and raped by six white men, some of them police officers, in the village of Wappingers Falls, New York."

"Attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason joined Sharpton in support of Brawley. A grand jury was convened; after seven months of examining police and medical records, the jury determined that Brawley had fabricated her story. Sharpton, Maddox, and Mason accused the Dutchess County prosecutor, Steven Pagones, of racism and of being one of the perpetrators of the alleged abduction and rape. The three were successfully sued for slander and ordered to pay $345,000 in damages, the jury finding Sharpton liable for making seven defamatory statements about Pagones, Maddox for two, and Mason for one.[37]"

Al Sharpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:barf:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People make the mistake of forgetting Al Sharpton's rise to power...

Yes, I remember it well.....I was so naive that I couldn't understand how Sharpton could basically ruin this guy's life, and get away scot-free. Little did I know it was getting ready to get worse.

And notice during the Democratic primary debates last time around, not one single candidate brought up Al's Greatest Hits. Not one. He was standeing right there and it was the perfect opportunity to blow him off the stage. But no one mentioned the elephant in the room. They took their drubbing from him like good little progressive white-guilters.

And the media is worse. At least Charlie Rangel is a congressman and has some authority. Sharpton is just a race hustler. Yet the liberal media have him on their shows and kiss his ass like he's somebody other than a race-baiting flamethrower.