Boy's 24" Bike?

Anybody have a 24" bike their child has outgrown that they want to unload? Wider tires ("mountain" bike style) prefered. Looking for a bike for my son for use on the C&O canal and the 26" bike I have is just a little bit too big for him.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
He'd need to practice riding it between now and May 14, then use it for a bike hike with the Boy Scout Troop May 15-17.

I'll check how big his bike is when I get home, if it's the right size I don't see why he couldn't borrow it for the time needed.

How old is your son?

I'll check how big his bike is when I get home, if it's the right size I don't see why he couldn't borrow it for the time needed.

How old is your son?
I'd appreciate it.

He's 10. We have a 20" bike, but even with the seat all the way up, it's just too small. 26" bike is just a tiny bit too tall. He can ALMOST (fingers >< far apart) touch the ground when sitting on the seat.

I REALLY do not want to have to go and buy a brand new 24" bike knowing that he will have a growth spurt and gain that 1" needed to be able to ride the 26" bike before the summer is out. 20" is fine for riding around the yard, but not for a multiple mile bike trip.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I'd appreciate it.

He's 10. We have a 20" bike, but even with the seat all the way up, it's just too small. 26" bike is just a tiny bit too tall. He can ALMOST (fingers >< far apart) touch the ground when sitting on the seat.

I REALLY do not want to have to go and buy a brand new 24" bike knowing that he will have a growth spurt and gain that 1" needed to be able to ride the 26" bike before the summer is out. 20" is fine for riding around the yard, but not for a multiple mile bike trip.

I hear ya, I'll check when I get home and let you know. If it is he is more than welcome to it..

I am also hitting the thrift stores. Waldorf Thrift Store and Salvation Army in 'dorf yesterday. No luck for him, but there is a nice 26" Trek at the S.A. for $49.99. W.T.S. is on crack with their prices. There was a bike there that originally cost $99.99 at WalMart and they have it for $89.89. :faint:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I am also hitting the thrift stores. Waldorf Thrift Store and Salvation Army in 'dorf yesterday. No luck for him, but there is a nice 26" Trek at the S.A. for $49.99. W.T.S. is on crack with their prices. There was a bike there that originally cost $99.99 at WalMart and they have it for $89.89. :faint:

They have always been that way
But like you said if you could borrow one, instead of spending the money knowing he'll be tall enough for the other one soon might as well...

F

forceofnature

I have one here. 24" rear brake cable needs lubrication and has a little rust but its free.

F

forceofnature

How about Saturday since I am in NY the rest of the week. PM sent