Brass Rail Auction?

I saw signs on the old Brass Rail last week that there was to be an auction there last Saturday.

Anyone know if the auction actually took place? I haven’t seen a word about it. Dickie Gatton is still kicking, isn’t he?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I saw signs on the old Brass Rail last week that there was to be an auction there last Saturday.

Anyone know if the auction actually took place? I haven’t seen a word about it. Dickie Gatton is still kicking, isn’t he?
Drove by it yesterday and it was still there, so I guess no one bought it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The property/business has been for sale for some time now. I hadn't heard about an auction though....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Pretty bad if they're trying to auction it off, after trying to sell it for about 5 years. Must be some seriously hidden issues with the property.

stgislander

PREMO Member
There was an auction there on Saturday. A friend was there and it sounded like it was much more than just trying to auction the building off.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

DogWhisperer

Just curious. Does anyone know what's going to be taking the place of the yellow building on the corner of 5 and Flat Iron Road across Flat Iron fro the Brass Rail. It used to have Durkin's Realty and an oriental take out. It was dropped in about two days and the lot is almost empty.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Just curious. Does anyone know what's going to be taking the place of the yellow building on the corner of 5 and Flat Iron Road across Flat Iron fro the Brass Rail. It used to have Durkin's Realty and an oriental take out. It was dropped in about two days and the lot is almost empty.
I heard the State will be starting the replacement of the intersection with a traffic circle.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
They were to auction the entire contents of the building.

@Gilligan - Hayes has their fall auction on Saturday up in Mechanicsville. I did find something for your collection.
Those are gorgeous....

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Lots of places didn't survive the last two years of pain....
Yeah, but the issues in Broome's Island predated the last two years (like putting in pilings and structures over the water without permits).

My observation has been that if you had internet at your bar then the work from homers could go there to work from home.