BREAKING: Colt Brings Back the Python .357 Revolver

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Years ago, John Butler wrote a popular post here explaining why Colt would never again build another Python revolver. But John probably knew that his prediction was in trouble when Colt got back into the snake gun business in 2017.

If you read Jon Wayne Taylor’s review of the excellent King Cobra, it didn’t take Kreskin-like prognostication abilities to conclude that it was really only a matter of time before Colt’s revived snake gun line included a resurrected Cobra.

Now that day has finally come.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They would have been stupid NOT to bring it back....considering what used ones routinely go for.

But then again..that can be said of a lot of heritage Colt guns...so their fiscal difficulties are obviously self-inflicted.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
All likelihood they will only be available in stainless steel.

For $1500 I want one with the royal blue finish.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It's kind of nice to see revolvers here for a change, it's always 1911 this or Glock that. I'll take a good old Ruger flattop any day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And I will continue to shoot my 250$ Ruger security six.

I'm not a Colt collector/owner either. I have a buddy that owns at least one of every Colt tribute and special edition revolver they ever produced. I'd hazard a rough guess that the entire collection is worth well north of $100,000. To each their own. ;-)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm a big fan of Rugers .357s as well but there are others worth a $$.

The python is the only Colt I really have any desire to own.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm a big fan of Rugers .357s as well but there are others worth a $$.

The python is the only Colt I really have any desire to own.
In process of buying an S&W M&P 2.0 Perf Pro 5" 9mm right now...wife's Christmas present. ;-) She fell in love with that piece using one in classes at Flat Broke. She handles her Kimber .45 CDP II well but likes the feel and better accuracy of the M&P. She wants to be as good with a "big" pistol as she is with her Ruger Mark IV .22 target pistol...LOL.