Breaking News- 3 hotels bombed

watercolor

yeah yeah
bad news just breaking in on the channel 4

3 hotels in Amman, JORDAN have had suicide bombers hit. Death toll as of right now is 23 people so far, 180 people injured. The Hyatt, Raddison and Days Inn in Jordan.

What the heck is up with these stupid bombers. I mean really.. I am serious about this- what is their motive. Dying for allah? Well, allah doesnt promote this. Because if they are claiming allah is god- then god specifically says you are not to play god- and cannot take your own life.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
watercolor said:
bad news just breaking in on the channel 4

3 hotels in JORDAN have had suicide bombers hit. Death toll as of right now is 23 people so far, 180 people injurged. The Hyatt, Raddison and Days Inn in Jordan.

What the heck is up with these stupid bombers. I mean really.. I am serious about this- what is their motive. Dying for allah? Well, allah doesnt promote this. Because if they are claiming allah is god- then god specifically says you are not to play god- and cannot take your own life.

Please everyone give your best thoughts and prayers to my best friends husband. She called me 15 min ago. Her husband was in the hotel that 18 people were killed in in the lobby. He is alive at this time and is not injured. He is on his way home from Iraq. We just pray he makes it safe.

Tigerlily said:
Please everyone give your best thoughts and prayers to my best friends husband. She called me 15 min ago. Her husband was in the hotel that 18 people were killed in in the lobby. He is alive at this time and is not injured. He is on his way home from Iraq. We just pray he makes it safe.
Very scary indeed... she won't sleep again until he hits home...:frown:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Tigerlily said:

He was in his room on the second floor when the explotion occurred. He had just gotten off the phone with his wife and had left the lobby to go to bed. He was able to get a cellphone from someone on the street after the hotel was evacuated and was able to at least call and tell her he is alive.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
watercolor said:
The Hyatt, Raddison and Days Inn in Jordan.
All American chains. I'll bet that has something to do with it.

WC, YOUR God says you cannot take a life. Their God says they SHOULD take infidel lives. Of at least that's what the holy leaders tell them. Just like during the Crusades, the priests have convinced the rabble that killing isn't a sin when you kill an unbeliever.

Tiger, hugs to your friend. I'll bet she's freaking out. :huggy:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Tigerlily said:
He was in his room on the second floor when the explotion occurred. He had just gotten off the phone with his wife and had left the lobby to go to bed. He was able to get a cellphone from someone on the street after the hotel was evacuated and was able to at least call and tell her he is alive.

He has been in Iraq with only two visits home 30 days each since June of 2004. He went back last July and left Iraq on Monday to make the trip back. he is supposed to be back in Md. on Saturday.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
watercolor said:

:confused:

watercolor

yeah yeah
cattitude said:

what? there is nothing to be confused about. I was asking- on why they do this. Is it brainwashing by the taliban, is it something that is taught from the beginning that it is ok to die in the dramatic cause of god?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
She is very distraut right now. Grateful he is alive but very scared as to the situation over there and how it will affect his return. He was due to come home for 30 days then return to Iraq until March. I told her once she gets him here to not let him go back. He is a contractor so he has a choice in this.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
watercolor said:
what? there is nothing to be confused about. I was asking- on why they do this. Is it brainwashing by the taliban, is it something that is taught from the beginning that it is ok to die in the dramatic cause of god?

I was confused as to why you would ask this now. This is not something new with them.

watercolor

yeah yeah
vraiblonde said:
WC, YOUR God says you cannot take a life. Their God says they SHOULD take infidel lives. Of at least that's what the holy leaders tell them. Just like during the Crusades, the priests have convinced the rabble that killing isn't a sin when you kill an unbeliever.

I wasnt trying to make it a religious debate. :peace: I was just speaking of a god in general. I would think any god would promote peace rather than killing. But with what you said- about them being convinced about killing and unbeliever of whatever they believe in- then I am understanding why they are brainwashed. I just wasnt sure of the insight of it all. thanks! :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
cattitude said:
I was confused as to why you would ask this now. This is not something new with them.

Cause like I said- I didnt understand what motivated them to do this. And I know its not something new- but I was just looking for something with more insight. :smile: Which I got. Thanks.

watercolor said:
I wasnt trying to make it a religious debate. :peace: I was just speaking of a god in general. I would think any god would promote peace rather than killing. But with what you said- about them being convinced about killing and unbeliever of whatever they believe in- then I am understanding why they are brainwashed. I just wasnt sure of the insight of it all. thanks! :smile:
The Christian Crusades

watercolor

yeah yeah
So, they believe that they if they sacrifice their life- they will go to heaven or paradise immediately? Something they will get 40 virgins or something?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
watercolor said:
So, they believe that they if they sacrifice their life- they will go to heaven or paradise immediately? Something they will get 40 virgins or something?

Well then this isn't paradise. I don't think there are 40 virgins in SOMD.

ddtoxic

I am not very good at this and think i just posted wrong a minute ago. but anyways i will do again. My hubby is doing ok physically mentally a little shook up. he was at the hyatt and had just got off the computer with me an hour before this happened (was in lobby) he was on second floor in back not front said front windows were blown out. he is now back at the hyatt in the same room he had before (can u beleive that) and has all of his things. he says people are very helpful and nice there. met someone who spoke english and can you beleive the guy was from maryland what are the odds of that happening. I will not sleep peacefully until he is home he leaves tonight and arrives sat in washington. thank you tigerlily for thinking of me and my family and everyone else also. :cheers: will need one of those sat.