Breech baby

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I was 11 lbs 2 oz breech (sunny side up) natural delivery here. We both survived and my mother STILL loves me.:yay:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
I don't know why c-sections get the bad rap they do. Every one that I know who has had one, me included, had great results (recovery time minimized, less threat to the baby, the plus side of some things being left intact :wink: , etc.)

Why would you not want a c-section? :shrug:

UH, it is not natural. When necessary by all means, but only when necesssary."Things go back naturally, other wise the next child would just fall out:whistle:

Last edited:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
I had back labor prior to both my c-sections and the pain from the back labor was tri-fold over that of the pain of c-section recovery. :dead: I was glad to have the c-sections.

Bingo, it is called LABOR, child birth. Mamby Pamby.......

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
A hundred years ago, for every 100 children born, a mother died from complications of childbirth. Today that number is closer to 1 in 10,000. The numbers of children who died or suffered injuries at birth a hundred years ago, verses today is harder to find info on but those number have come way down as well.

If there's one thing I can't stand it a woman whining about a c-section not being "natural" or bemoaning the lack of the true experience of childbirth and other :blahblah: It's all :bs: The fact is most women forget most of what went on during childbirth because if they didn't they'd never have another kid.

C-sections may be used more often than necessary and lots of doctors err on the side of caution but the fact is that fewer women suffer serious complications from c-sections than they would've without it. Chances are my four children wouldn't exist without c-sections because both my firstborn and I would likely have died from experience of "natural" childbirth.

So, to all you pregnant mothers out there, who cares how your child is born, as long as they ARE born. You will be no less a mother for having a c-section, but you will be less the mother if childbirth kills you or your child.

As far as a breech baby goes.... they turn more often than not, so just play it by ear, consult with your doctor and assuming you trust your doctor (if you don't find a new one) take his/her advice....they've done this before.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
The ladies on my birth board on BBC mentioned this website a lot for trying to get your baby positioned correctly: About Spinning Babies | Simplweb Joomla Hosting

Not sure if it actually works or not, but could check the exercises with Polko, etc to make sure they are okay.

Yes. And I have tried many of them :killingme and trust me some of them are hard to do when you are as big as a whale. none of it worked. She will move for a short time, closer to head down anyway..and the minute I have a BH she is right back across the top of my belly...her back to my stomach. I just don;t see her moving. Breech babies can be born naturally..but transverse babies cannot physically be born naturally, and they are the least likely to turn. Shes got till fri..but as I speak she is stretching out quite comfy where she is at. Brat.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
A hundred years ago, for every 100 children born, a mother died from complications of childbirth. Today that number is closer to 1 in 10,000. The numbers of children who died or suffered injuries at birth a hundred years ago, verses today is harder to find info on but those number have come way down as well.

If there's one thing I can't stand it a woman whining about a c-section not being "natural" or bemoaning the lack of the true experience of childbirth and other :blahblah: It's all :bs: The fact is most women forget most of what went on during childbirth because if they didn't they'd never have another kid.

C-sections may be used more often than necessary and lots of doctors err on the side of caution but the fact is that fewer women suffer serious complications from c-sections than they would've without it. Chances are my four children wouldn't exist without c-sections because both my firstborn and I would likely have died from experience of "natural" childbirth.

So, to all you pregnant mothers out there, who cares how your child is born, as long as they ARE born. You will be no less a mother for having a c-section, but you will be less the mother if childbirth kills you or your child.

As far as a breech baby goes.... they turn more often than not, so just play it by ear, consult with your doctor and assuming you trust your doctor (if you don't find a new one) take his/her advice....they've done this before.

:dingding: They almost waited too long with the oldest and he was in terrible shape when they finally split me open and yanked him outa there. I had the same doctor with #2 and was told that after what happened with the first a VBAC wasn't even an option. #1 there were no cries, they had to revive him and he spent his first 12 hours of life in the NICU. #2 was a ton less stressful for me, the babe came out screaming and I got to have him with me as soon as I came out of recovery.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
Yes. And I have tried many of them :killingme and trust me some of them are hard to do when you are as big as a whale. none of it worked. She will move for a short time, closer to head down anyway..and the minute I have a BH she is right back across the top of my belly...her back to my stomach. I just don;t see her moving. Breech babies can be born naturally..but transverse babies cannot physically be born naturally, and they are the least likely to turn. Shes got till fri..but as I speak she is stretching out quite comfy where she is at. Brat.

is the baby still breech? Hope she turned so you don't have to have a c-section.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Eh, I didn't want to have to recover from abdominal suregy while trying to take care of a newborn, breastfeed, etc..and pain meds make me sick as a dog..so it would be recovery with motrin...just doesn't sound apealing. I kinda wanted to have a nice normal delivery and be up and about a few hours later..not to mention I don't want other people manhandling my baby while I recover..I wanna hold her first :bawl:

I possibly have the option of an ecv and having her turned..but I don't think that sounds appealing either, and isn't exactly the safest procedure..I was wondering if anyone had it done...doesn't seem as common as just scheduling the csection

They turned my youngest around and she was okay. It's a strange sensation but not painful. Best of luck to you and the baby

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
by my doc appt..she was more head down..and then today..I felt the hiccups more to my side:cds: I don't know what the hell she's doing in there...since she seems to be able to get head down..I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
guess shes having a good time moving around. hopefully when its time for you to give birth the baby will be in the right position for you to have her naturally... :)

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
My 1st was an emergency c-section after 12 hours of labor. At the last check up (four days before the day my child was born), my son's head was down in right place. However, he flipped over while I was sleeping right before my water broke. The doctor bought out the sonogram machine to find out why my son wasn't being born 2 hours after my water broke, and I was 100% effectment (spelling?) and there were no dilation at all. It turned out that my son flipped over. My doctor was shocked and said "How did that happened? How did in the world did he flipped over when there's no room to move around?" She said only 1% of babies flip over right before they were born.

My first c-section recovery were very rough and difficult. However, with my second c-section, I knew what to do and what to expect, which made recovering a lot easier.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This tread gives me an earworm.

Breech baby, breech baby, give me your hand, give me something that I can remember.....