Breezeline

SamSpade

Is this the case for all television stations? If I'm paying for the cable television package I think I should be able to access those same channels via internet as well.
Somehow the Roku app - and I imagine others - give it to you on condition that you are paying for it already (via your provider). What annoys me is that even with a memory card attached - it still "forgets" should I fail to go to the channel after a while.

It may well be that somewhere internal to the app, it does a periodic "check" even if you already subscribe. They don't want to be giving away their product for "free".

DaSDGuy

It may be more of a Fox News App connectivity issue that Breezeline. I have Dishnet for regular TV since the SO likes the menus and can't get into using other apps - that's my job. It won't let me log into the Fox News App using my Dishnet login. But if I use the Dishnet Anywhere login I get in fine.

glhs837

Power with Control
Rental house. 15 years ago, I ran all new cable, quality stuff. Straight shot from the cable coming in right into Two way. One split led to a six foot run the where the router and modem lived, the other to a four way in the pantry to feed cable tv to the living room and three bedrooms. The run to the pantry was maybe 20 feet. The individual runs from there to the other rooms are all less than 30 feet, including up and down. in the walls, the house is about 1,000 square feet.

A two years ago, after the tenants moved out, I installed the Euphy camera system. Kept having the system drop offline. Metrocast says not our line, guy has to go inside, He, of course, has to crap on my work. Kills the run to the old router location. Peels out the splitter in the pantry. Says each open line causes leakage. Which it does. But that doesnt affect my service in the house. He then cuts off my old pro quality compression fittings and installs his own on the line in the attic. And at the living room outlet, which is where the router and modem will live.

FF to today, my brother lives there. Having spotty service issues. They come out, check the lines, nope, not their crap of course. Guy "tweaks some settings" out at the road, says it should be good. For a few days, then its crap again. New guy comes out, checks the line in the living room, cuts off old connectors installed two years back, installs new ones, says hes done and Breezeline charges me 160 bucks for two calls.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
New guy comes out, checks the line in the living room, cuts off old connectors installed two years back, installs new ones, says hes done
That's what they keep doing to us....and the service is still awful of course...nothing changes.

mitzi

If you don't mind me asking, how much is just internet through them?

Roughly, $78.00. It was down AGAIN this evening for over an hour. Friends in Leonardtown, Mechanicsville and Hollywood were down. Maybe a truck hit another pole :sarcasm:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Roughly, $78.00. It was down AGAIN this evening for over an hour. Friends in Leonardtown, Mechanicsville and Hollywood were down. Maybe a truck hit another pole :sarcasm:
There's more info in the Breezeline Outage thread.