Breezeline

TPD

the poor dad
I have a weather station that reports the conditions consistently every 5 minutes. I just checked and nothing reported this morning from 2am to 2:30am.

TPD

the poor dad
Well ok then - I just checked my other weather station in Scotland and that did not report anything from 1am-1:30am. Both stations use Breezeline internet to report conditions to the wunderground website. Weird that both were offline for a half hour but not at the same time.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Our business internet and phone went off line after midnight last night. Phone is back on line but not internet...our IT guys and Breezeline have been working on it solid since 0800. Breezeline executed a major "maintenance" action and it has completely fawked a whole bunch of local businesses that use fixed IP addresses....like ours.

TPD

the poor dad
Our business internet and phone went off line after midnight last night. Phone is back on line but not internet...our IT guys and Breezeline have been working on it solid since 0800. Breezeline executed a major "maintenance" action and it has completely fawked a whole bunch of local businesses that use fixed IP addresses....like ours.
we've got a static ip at the store and fortunately we've had no problems today with our Breezeline there - I've been able to log onto the cameras to make sure the employees are doing their job.

jrt_ms1995

we've got a static ip at the store and fortunately we've had no problems today with our Breezeline there - I've been able to log onto the cameras to make sure the employees are doing their job.
But is the wireless connection to their shock collars working?

• Wow
Reactions: TPD

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My IT guys are saying we have to spend 6-700 bucks on a new firewall now.

• Wow
Reactions: TPD

Clem72

My IT guys are saying we have to spend 6-700 bucks on a new firewall now.
What's wrong with the old one? Integrated with your wireless router and not up to date with newer standards? Any particular reason you need to go with a business class firewall (AD integration or deep packet inspection or something)?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What's wrong with the old one? Integrated with your wireless router and not up to date with newer standards? Any particular reason you need to go with a business class firewall (AD integration or deep packet inspection or something)?
Well..because it's a tech business..that does work for US and foreign defense entities...need to keep our server and network very secure...

Turns out the old one...which was not that old at all....had some sort of internal config file corruption that occurred when Breezeline shut us down for some sort of regional update activities they were doing. Took a while for a lot of local businesses to get their Ethernet connectivity back up...as we later learned.

Clem72

Well..because it's a tech business..that does work for US and foreign defense entities...need to keep our server and network very secure...
From my experience that is anything but the case, however I applaud your willingness to live up to the spirit of the law. Reminds me of the time I was early for a meeting at Raytheon HQ (the old one in lexington, ma) and while waiting outside the front entrance I saw an exposed Ethernet jack next to the intercom. So I did what any bored tech inclined person might do and plugged my laptop in. Straight onto the corporate intranet.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
From my experience that is anything but the case, however I applaud your willingness to live up to the spirit of the law. Reminds me of the time I was early for a meeting at Raytheon HQ (the old one in lexington) and while waiting outside the front entrance I saw an exposed Ethernet jack next to the intercom. So I did what any bored tech inclined person might do and plugged my laptop in. Straight onto the corporate intranet.
Can't do any of that nonsense here. We're fortunate to have as our IT guy one of the most experienced guys that manages the hyper-secure stuff for various base activities. Something he's been doing for at least two decades now.

We host our web site/server on site as well as our email server. "No Microsoft" is a characteristic of our system.