Breezeline

SamSpade

They don't really rip up the property, there is conduit along the major roads and even when they have to put in the conduit it's like a four square foot area every 30-50 yards (super rough estimate) they dig and then fill back in. Even in densely populated neighborhoods it's not particularly invasive/difficult. And Verizon's contractors are not working county contracts, they need to get stuff done in a timely fashion.
Well they DID tear up my front yard a bit. They put the divots back of course. Did the same to a couple of my neighbors. It's not like they had a back hoe and dug trenches - mostly they used spades and honestly I don't know what they were doing. I guess a mix of both. They didn't destroy my yard like the well people did, years back.

Yeah, I did see a lot of what you're saying - driving the cables into the ground. They did that in places too, and they replaced all of the boxes up and down the road. Along Mervelll Dean, Rte 235 and Airport View Road - lots of spots where they were digging up a lot as well.

But what I HAVE NOTICED is - nothing lately. Like, at least a month, maybe longer. So when do they - flip the swtich?

somdwatch

According to a verizon surveyor I ran into on Villa Rd. Fiber should be active in south county by the end of this year.

My son, lives in Hollywood and comcast added their connection box at the end of the driveway.

Makes me wonder if they're splitting the ISP's based on location as I'm on breezeline. Verizon did our initial broadband install back in 2002 or so.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
According to a verizon surveyor I ran into on Villa Rd. Fiber should be active in south county by the end of this year.

My son, lives in Hollywood and comcast added their connection box at the end of the driveway.

Makes me wonder if they're splitting the ISP's based on location as I'm on breezeline. Verizon did our initial broadband install back in 2002 or so.
They just put a F/O pedestal in my yard in California today.