Breton Vet Hospital?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I would rather be run over with a Bull dozier than to ever have any pet of mine see Dr. Lynn Fenwick. I have never met such a rude and insensitive vet and especially one who is as ignorant that she was in 1997.

Long story short, I found a stray cat at the Hollywood Fire Dept. summer carnival in 1997. He limped over to my car so I picked him up and took him home. I desperately hoped he would bounce back with a warm home, food, a bath and some TLC. Sadly a week later he was still limping. Not having a lot of money at the time I called St. Mary's Vet. (Dr. Forrest's practice?) at this time Dr. Fenwick was also practicing there albeit much earlier on her career.

They said they would make payment arrangements with me, which is basically unheard of today. They were going to x-ray kitty and if he needed surgery they would put him under and also neuter him at the same time. But Dr. Fenwick had other plans. She put "Lucky" under and neutered him. Then x-rayed him and then called me and told me his hip was broken a needed a pin. They then turned immediately around, put a 20 week old kitten back under and pinned his hip. " Lucky " lost all nine of his lives that day as he died from cardiac arrest over the strain of too much anesthesia in such a short period of time. Needless to say my bill ended up being zero, "lucky" was sent back to me in a shoebox and Dr. Forrest gave me the number of another lady across from the quick shop in LT who had kittens for free.

MY oldest was 7 at the time so on one side the dead kitten was in a box in the trunk and her new kitten was hiding under the seat of my car. I learned a big lesson that day. "Do not replace one animal before the other one has been honored and grieved". The lady the new kitten came from actually paid me to 10 bucks to take him and even though he has since passed on "Sammy" was the best cat I ever had.

I would never take another pet to that woman though. Her ignorance killed and animal that had no need to die.

OH MY....

:huggy:.....

frequentflier

happy to be living
I would rather be run over with a Bull dozier than to ever have any pet of mine see Dr. Lynn Fenwick. I have never met such a rude and insensitive vet and especially one who is as ignorant that she was in 1997.

Long story short, I found a stray cat at the Hollywood Fire Dept. summer carnival in 1997. He limped over to my car so I picked him up and took him home. I desperately hoped he would bounce back with a warm home, food, a bath and some TLC. Sadly a week later he was still limping. Not having a lot of money at the time I called St. Mary's Vet. (Dr. Forrest's practice?) at this time Dr. Fenwick was also practicing there albeit much earlier on her career.

They said they would make payment arrangements with me, which is basically unheard of today. They were going to x-ray kitty and if he needed surgery they would put him under and also neuter him at the same time. But Dr. Fenwick had other plans. She put "Lucky" under and neutered him. Then x-rayed him and then called me and told me his hip was broken a needed a pin. They then turned immediately around, put a 20 week old kitten back under and pinned his hip. " Lucky " lost all nine of his lives that day as he died from cardiac arrest over the strain of too much anesthesia in such a short period of time. Needless to say my bill ended up being zero, "lucky" was sent back to me in a shoebox and Dr. Forrest gave me the number of another lady across from the quick shop in LT who had kittens for free.

MY oldest was 7 at the time so on one side the dead kitten was in a box in the trunk and her new kitten was hiding under the seat of my car. I learned a big lesson that day. "Do not replace one animal before the other one has been honored and grieved". The lady the new kitten came from actually paid me to 10 bucks to take him and even though he has since passed on "Sammy" was the best cat I ever had.

I would never take another pet to that woman though. Her ignorance killed and animal that had no need to die.

:huggy:

Where does Dr Fenwick practice?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
In Leonardtown. She owns Breton Veterinary Clinic

Yep, which is exactly why I will never ever go there. I would just as soon drive to another state. I never received an apology from her, or I made a mistake, nothing. I never went back to St. Mary's Vet after that until she left.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Just to be noted for our original poster that this is at least the second thread that I have tried to offer friendly advice based on personal experience. Do with it what you will.

ginwoman

What an awful experience. I have never heard ANYTHING good about this vet.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
What an awful experience. I have never heard ANYTHING good about this vet.

This would be a very good indicator of why the prices are so high. If you cannot draw the business to pay the bills and generate a profit then you just charge big fees. Hopefully NS will figure out that her cable is cheap versus her visits to Breton Vet.