Brett Favre tells Vikings he's not returning

Otter

Nothing to see here
Brett Favre, the 40-year quarterback who led the Minnesota Vikings to a 12-4 record and to the NFC Championship game last season, has reportedly told the team he will not return for a second season. A press release is expected later today.

According to reports, Brett Favre is not returning to Minnesota Vikings - NFL - SI.com

You should have known we would have already posted that in the FatAlbert Fail thread..you have been around here long enough to know how treads morf..:nono:

R

retiredweaxman

He's back.

May the New Orleans Saints finish the job they started in the Championship game and make Favre wish he had never been born - never mind stayed retired!!!

I think Tedy Bruschi (ESPN) hit it squarely on the head yesterday. He stated (and I am paraphrasing), if the Vikings had to BEG Favre to come back, then he has lost all respect for the team and the players. If he truly wanted to come back, he would come back on his own. To have 3 friends to go down to MS (sponsored by the team I might add) and talk him into returning means MIN is desperate.

Besides, this is about money...Favre says it is not...let's see him turn down the 3 million guaranteed and another 3 million in incentives if this is not about money. There are plenty of examples of players turning down money in order to help a team. Let us see him set the example and prove that the money does not matter.

thurley42

HY;FR
May the New Orleans Saints finish the job they started in the Championship game and make Favre wish he had never been born - never mind stayed retired!!!

I think Tedy Bruschi (ESPN) hit it squarely on the head yesterday. He stated (and I am paraphrasing), if the Vikings had to BEG Favre to come back, then he has lost all respect for the team and the players. If he truly wanted to come back, he would come back on his own. To have 3 friends to go down to MS (sponsored by the team I might add) and talk him into returning means MIN is desperate.

Besides, this is about money...Favre says it is not...let's see him turn down the 3 million guaranteed and another 3 million in incentives if this is not about money. There are plenty of examples of players turning down money in order to help a team. Let us see him set the example and prove that the money does not matter.

I'm not sure how much of a job the Saints did....the only reason they won that game was the fact the Vikings couldn't keep the ball off the turf.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Oh, the ugliness and rancor!!! :lol:

I heard Teddy's comments too, and I think he added "If true, then I think this..."

I can't see how anyone ever doubted he was coming back once two a days ended. :shrug:

I suppose we'll find out but, I think was more media stunt than three teamates wading out into the swamp to beg St. Brett to take a break from gator hunting and please, pretty please, come 'save' us.

John Riggin's had some interesting comments about Brett, the timing and his, Brett's sponsors. We'll see how his new commercials fit into all of this and, frankly, I gotta believe the really big money people at the NFL and the ad folks knew damn well what was going on before hand so they could sell adds for the first game based on him being there or not.

Interesting. In any event, I will be shocked if Brett made his decision based on three team mates 'begging' him to come back. I think they all knew he was coming back and just wanted to have some fun with it.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not sure how much of a job the Saints did....the only reason they won that game was the fact the Vikings couldn't keep the ball off the turf.

The only reason they lost was because St. otter is right; Brett can be counted on, sooner or later, to make a really bad throw at a really bad time; ie, Favre is stubborn as all hell.

Had Brett given up on the play action roll outs early on and just accepted that the Saint's plan was to use every opportunity to try and kill him, then, I think the Vikes win the game. That said, Greggggg Williams knows Bretts MO; no patience, too much ego.

thurley42

HY;FR
The only reason they lost was because St. otter is right; Brett can be counted on, sooner or later, to make a really bad throw at a really bad time; ie, Favre is stubborn as all hell.

Had Brett given up on the play action roll outs early on and just accepted that the Saint's plan was to use every opportunity to try and kill him, then, I think the Vikes win the game. That said, Greggggg Williams knows Bretts MO; no patience, too much ego.

You can't put that on him when there All Pro RB gave the ball away 3 times...