Brick shiat house!

Cowgirl

Additionally, Rule 227 will be amended to provide that foals of 2010 and later that are found to be HYPP (N/H) will only be eligible for registration as geldings or non- breeding mares.

This Rule seems very logical. But...It still has a way to go 2024 before the reproduction of the HYPP N/H Stallions and Mares offspring will not be able to be registered.

And who's going to monitor every mare to see if anyone is breeding her? What if she's sold and some moron decides to breed her?

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
And who's going to monitor every mare to see if anyone is breeding her? What if she's sold and some moron decides to breed her?

Her offspring would not be able to be registered:whistle:.
The people breeding these horses are purposely doing it to produce massive built AQHARegistered Halter Horses to SHOW. The only sure way would be to require the mares to be spayed and although they do it.... it is still not a simple proceedure at this time. They have made many breakthroughs and are now able to perform it laprascopicaly(sp) but it is far more expensive then gelding a colt. So I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Last edited:

Cowgirl

Her offspring would not be able to be registered:whistle:.

It doesn't really matter if the foals are registerable or not. Some people breed anything they can get their hands on, even if it's junk. That's only going to prolong the disease and infect more horses. I think AQHA should ban any showing of horses who are H/H or N/H. One of the main points of halter shows is to earn points and show off breeding horses, right? There are TONS of N/N horses out there, and AQHA should not endorse breeding infected horses. This disease can be easily eliminated, but it's going to take support from AQHA to do it.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
It doesn't really matter if the foals are registerable or not. Some people breed anything they can get their hands on, even if it's junk. That's only going to prolong the disease and infect more horses. I think AQHA should ban any showing of horses who are H/H or N/H. One of the main points of halter shows is to earn points and show off breeding horses, right? There are TONS of N/N horses out there, and AQHA should not endorse breeding infected horses. This disease can be easily eliminated, but it's going to take support from AQHA to do it.

Points from Registered AQHA horses at sanctioned AQHA shows. And they are trying to eliminate it...could they be more agressive? Absolutely but at least they are making efforts. I think that the cut off being 2024 is ridiculous and there will be alot more HYPP horses produced but there is still time to amend the ruling. I do agree with you though if the offspring from 2010 foals that are N/H could not be showed you would see a big change happen alot sooner.

Last edited:

Cowgirl

Points from Registered AQHA horses at sanctified AQHA shows. And they are trying to eliminate it...could they be more agressive? Absolutely but at least they are making efforts. I think that the cut off being 2024 is ridiculous and there will be alot more HYPP horses produced but there is still time to amend the ruling. I do agree with you though if the offspring from 2010 foals that are N/H could not be showed you would see a big change happen alot sooner.

It's definitely a step in the right direction....albeit a small one. :lol:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!

They are basically saying they will not recognize any offspring of the mare. If it isn't registered, its worthless in aqha's eyes. On the stallion side, I think they will require gelding it before registering it.

Cowgirl

They are basically saying they will not recognize any offspring of the mare. If it isn't registered, its worthless in aqha's eyes. On the stallion side, I think they will require gelding it before registering it.

I totally understand that, I just think they should stop registering anything that's H/H or N/H. I just don't think they're doing enough. :ohwell:

devinej

it won't be eliminated. there will always be affected horses with a recessive trait disease like this. they can however make it less prevelent with correct breeding, gelding, and spaying. hate to say it, but if they really wanted to get rid of it, putting affected fillies down would help because who is really going to spay their mare. mandatory testing at birth?

devinej

i was wrong, its a dominant trait. so it could be eliminated. however.....
"The disease is linked to the bloodline of the famous American Quarter Horse stallion Impressive, who has over 55,000 living descendants as of 2003."

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
it won't be eliminated. there will always be affected horses with a recessive trait disease like this. they can however make it less prevelent with correct breeding, gelding, and spaying. hate to say it, but if they really wanted to get rid of it, putting affected fillies down would help because who is really going to spay their mare. mandatory testing at birth?

NO it is not a recessive one parent has to have the gene...a N/H at least if you breed a N/N to N/N you will never get it

I think in western showing they are expected to have a chain on weather the horse needs it or not...

Only in showmanship and only UNDER the chin...