Bridezilla

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kids these days...

AITA For suggesting bridesmaid get a part-time job​

I (32F) am getting married this fall about 3000 miles away in our hometown. Most of the people in our wedding still live there but a few bridesmaids live locally. One of them (27F), we'll call her Erica, is unemployed. She finished her MA 3 years ago but hasn't worked for the last two years. She had a job when she said yes to being in the wedding, but lost it a few months later, and told me she would not be able to fly over all three times for the celebrations, (dress fitting, bach party, wedding) and would only be able to fly over for the wedding.

I said that was fine and decided to move the bach weekend to an area a few hours from us and have the rest of my bridesmaids fly in for that since they won't have to travel for the wedding. I mentioned that since they were flying in, she and the other two local bridesmaids would be responsible for more expenses to even it out. Erica told me that she was happy to be able to come to the bach party now but that her situation hasn't changed and she is still on a tight budget. She moved back in with her grandparents and has no expenses.

I don't understand why she can't do something to make money during the day if the wedding expenses are such a burden to her. When I mentioned it to her she looked shocked and got super embarrassed. She told me that she doesn't have time during the day to work because she's working on an art thing for show coming up but that's not until after my wedding. She even got to the point of tearing up and telling me how little is in her bank account, which I thought was pretty weird and manipulative. How would you handle this? Am I being a bridezilla or how would you explain to her that these are the bare minimum duties as a bridesmaid?

:roflmao:

And then millennials wonder why we make fun of them.....

Shew!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I feel embarrassed for her parents. They've raised an entitled little bitch and she's showing her lack of real world struggles of fending for herself and paying her own way. I pity the groom.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I kinda don't. He has to be aware, and if it were any other sane man, he'd be running for the hills. I can't imagine a lifetime with a woman like that.

This ^^ Reddit is filled with dysfunction, and a predominant one is guys marrying some flaming hot cheeto of a bitch. Then they're like, "Oh, how can I get my wife to stop acting like a rabid wolverine??"

DUDE! She was like that when you married her and you did it anyway! :banghead:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A smart man would let everything continue, and then just not show up for the wedding. When she asks why she got stood up, play back all the video footage of her being her.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My Mrs. took a 4 week leave from the USAF for our wedding and the surrounding "festivities."
1st 2 weeks were gown fittings and bridal shower.
2nd 2 weeks were honeymoon as we made our way, slowly, from MASS. to OHIO.

We did have a 2 week Caribbean cruise as a delayed, enjoyable honeymoon in January 1983.

jrt_ms1995

Well, come on, "Erica" hasn't worked in 2 years; WTF is wrong with her? Even with a worthless MA she could still find employment if she wanted. Working on an "art thing" my ass.