NASCAR Bristol, Sat. Aug 17th

stgislander

PREMO Member
  1. Hamlin
  2. Elliott
  3. Truex Jr.
  4. Larson
  5. Jones

Sucks about Matty D getting dropped from the LFR #95. He was coming along nicely this year. A solid 7th place in the starting lineup today.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Sucks about Matty D getting dropped from the LFR #95. He was coming along nicely this year. A solid 7th place in the starting lineup today.
I've been thinking for a couple months now that Erik Jones had better turn up his performance level, because JGR has a driver named Christopher Bell who drives the 20 in the Xfinity series. Bell was the truck champion in 2017, made it to the final 4 in Xfinity last year, and is the favorite to win the Xfinity series this year with 5 wins so far. Now with this development, there's an open seat in a JGR affiliated car, and I'll bet money it's Bell's seat for the taking. I bet Jones is relieved.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I've been thinking for a couple months now that Erik Jones had better turn up his performance level, because JGR has a driver named Christopher Bell who drives the 20 in the Xfinity series. Bell was the truck champion in 2017, made it to the final 4 in Xfinity last year, and is the favorite to win the Xfinity series this year with 5 wins so far. Now with this development, there's an open seat in a JGR affiliated car, and I'll bet money it's Bell's seat for the taking. I bet Jones is relieved.
If EJ hadn't turned up his game these past couple months, it would have been him going to the #95 for sure. Need some more Toyota teams in Cup so there young JGR drivers have a place to go.

Or just let Kyle Busch go. :jet:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Hamlin
Kyle Busch
Truex jr
Logano
Harvick

Last edited:

Monello

PREMO Member
This was my lineup last week:
  1. Kyle Busch
  2. Hamlin
  3. Logano
  4. Truex jr.
  5. Jones

It got me 5 points, so it wasn't too bad of a line up. But I see almost everyone has picked Kyle Busch this week for the win. It's a short track, so I guess that played into everyone's decision. So do I go with the pack or swim up current.

homedepot20

This was my lineup last week:

It got me 5 points, so it wasn't too bad of a line up. But I see almost everyone has picked Kyle Busch this week for the win. It's a short track, so I guess that played into everyone's decision. So do I go with the pack or swim up current.
Hamlin seems the logical choice but last time I went that route , Kyle WON and it started my spiral descent to 3rd

homedepot20

BRISTOL Results
1 HAMLIN
2 Dibenedetto
3 Keselowski
4 Kyle Busch
5 Elliott
Standing AFTER Bristol
MONELLO 85+6=91
Calvcopf 75+2=77
Homedepot20 70+2=72
Stgislander 60+6=66
OldHillcrestGuy 53+3=56
Next Race 1 September @ Darlington

homedepot20

Monello , Your 19 points ahead of me. I am not conceding yet , but you are definitely the favorite for that ",Championship "

Last edited:

Monello

PREMO Member
But I see almost everyone has picked Kyle Busch this week for the win. It's a short track, so I guess that played into everyone's decision. So do I go with the pack or swim up current.

Glad I switched up at the last minute. It's a rare week that I don't pick the #18 to win it all.