Brit's err

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Triggerfish said:
We have increased security on the base too and we have people act defiantly and a pain in the a$$ when we have increased vehichle inspections and ID checks.
Shoot em!! After the first one, everyone else will be VERY pleasant to deal with I'm sure.

Triggerfish said:
It's not really a problem to have legal firearms as long you tell the sentry. If it is registered on the base you can take it with you. If it isn't you will need to leave it at the DOD police HQ and pick it up on the way out. Anything illegal off base will also be illegal on the base. Bowie knives are definately no no. If you have any doubts tell the sentry especially if they are about to search your vehichle. It will save us and you trouble since we have to handcuff you if you have certain contrabands or what appears to be contrabands.

We'd like to keep the traffic running smoothly and not inconvenience you but this is necessary. You don't have to like it but you need to cooperate. If you really don't like it I suggest you find a job elsewhere. We don't want problems. It's blunt but it doesn't make it any less true.

If any of the gates is closed when it is not supposed to be, it probably means that someone tried to bring in a contraband or what appears to be a contraband.[/QUOT

I realize it's necessary, I've been cooperating for about 39 years now. Didn't say I "didn't like it". Why don't you find a job elsewhere?

ylexot

Super Genius
desertrat said:
It was just taking another stupid comment one step further.
Bob's comment wasn't stupid, it was extreme. A similar idea would be to lock people up and/or fire them for bringing contraband onto a military facility. If people are punished for doing wrong, others will realize that they should not do wrong.

Your post, on the other hand, was just moronic.

ylexot said:
Bob's comment wasn't stupid, it was extreme. A similar idea would be to lock people up and/or fire them for bringing contraband onto a military facility. If people are punished for doing wrong, others will realize that they should not do wrong.

Whatever you say

ylexot

Super Genius
desertrat said:
Whatever you say
Well, I just explained why Bob's post was extreme, but not stupid. Maybe you can explain why your post about shooting people randomly is not stupid.

ylexot said:
Well, I just explained why Bob's post was extreme, but not stupid. Maybe you can explain why your post about shooting people randomly is not stupid.[/QUOTE

I didn't say it wasn't.

ylexot said:

Do you not think that being too extreme can be stupid? That is what I was referring to. I kind of think shooting people for not cooperating fully would be excessive force. Its the kind of thing that makes the news once in a while.

willie

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 38

Triggerfish

desertrat said:
Not sure if state law has anything to do with what the gate guards will consider illegal.

If the sentry thinks it is illegal you'll probably be talking to the DOD police. Possibly handcuffed. If you warn the sentry you'll decrease the amount of drama.......and the chance you'll get handcuffed.
However whether you will actually get in real trouble has to do with whether it is legal in MD or not.

Triggerfish

desertrat said:
Triggerfish said:
It's not really a problem to have legal firearms as long you tell the sentry. If it is registered on the base you can take it with you. If it isn't you will need to leave it at the DOD police HQ and pick it up on the way out. Anything illegal off base will also be illegal on the base. Bowie knives are definately no no. If you have any doubts tell the sentry especially if they are about to search your vehichle. It will save us and you trouble since we have to handcuff you if you have certain contrabands or what appears to be contrabands.

We'd like to keep the traffic running smoothly and not inconvenience you but this is necessary. You don't have to like it but you need to cooperate. If you really don't like it I suggest you find a job elsewhere. We don't want problems. It's blunt but it doesn't make it any less true.

If any of the gates is closed when it is not supposed to be, it probably means that someone tried to bring in a contraband or what appears to be a contraband.[/QUOT

I realize it's necessary, I've been cooperating for about 39 years now. Didn't say I "didn't like it". Why don't you find a job elsewhere?

This post was a bit confusing. BTW My suggestions are not to you personally. It's a general statement for everybody.

Triggerfish said:
If the sentry thinks it is illegal you'll probably be talking to the DOD police. Possibly handcuffed. If you warn the sentry you'll decrease the amount of drama.......and the chance you'll get handcuffed.
However whether you will actually get in real trouble has to do with whether it is legal in MD or not.
Thanks. I'll check state laws.

Triggerfish

One last thing. This is if the blade is of legal size. Drive through the gate as normally. However if you do get picked for the inspection let the sentry know that you do have a knife bigger than a pocket knife but it is within legal length in the state. The base may still not like the knife being brought on, so they may just ask you to leave the knife at the DOD HQ until you leave the base.

Triggerfish said:
One last thing. This is if the blade is of legal size. Drive through the gate as normally. However if you do get picked for the inspection let the sentry know that you do have a knife bigger than a pocket knife but it is within legal length in the state. The base may still not like the knife being brought on, so they may just ask you to leave the knife at the DOD HQ until you leave the base.

Good advice I'm sure. Not to argue or anything, but it seems a bit strange since I, and a lot of others on base I'm sure, have knives AT work that are bigger than pocket knives. Kitchen type knives, for example.

Triggerfish

desertrat said:
Good advice I'm sure. Not to argue or anything, but it seems a bit strange since I, and a lot of others on base I'm sure, have knives AT work that are bigger than pocket knives. Kitchen type knives, for example.

I doubt the sentry is going to give anyone problems if they have a kitchen knife.

I mentioned anything bigger than a pocket knife size since some of the sentry do not know the details of what is legal in the state. If it is work related that depends. With the military guys you aren't supposed to have personal tools when working on military equipments. That's also true with a lot of civilians. However I can not say that is true with everyone else. It basically means that if the item is work related and authorized you shouldn't have too much problems. On the other hand, somethings may be authorized but may cause a lot of problems unless you notify security before you bring it on the base.

Triggerfish

DOD tells me that federal regulation states maximum of 4 inches. Sometimes federal regulations are enforced if they are more strict than state law. Also if you are going fishing on base, you can have a filet knife even if it is longer than 4 inches. It basically means you can bring a knife onto base that is longer than 4 inches if you have a valid reason to have the knife and equipment to back it up.

Last edited:

Triggerfish

rack'm said:
I don't blame the Brits at all.......you run from the cops, wearing a coat in the HEAT of summer, jumping over turnstyles.......you deserve the lead they feed you.

Most up to date information. It turns out that the Brazilian man did not run and he was not wearing a coat.

I originally heard it on FOX news.

"victim was not wearing a heavy jacket and did not jump the ticket gate as had been previously claimed. "
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050817/ap_on_re_eu/britain_bombings_4

Triggerfish said:
Most up to date information. It turns out that the Brazilian man did not run and he was not wearing a coat.

I originally heard it on FOX news.

"victim was not wearing a heavy jacket and did not jump the ticket gate as had been previously claimed. "
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050817/ap_on_re_eu/britain_bombings_4

Sure took a long time for that to come out didn't it? And so much for the intelligence. They had positively identified him as a terrorist.