Brother Sewing Machines - Run Screaming Away!!

backagain39

My parents got me a brother sewing machine when I was 15 and that one is still running and has never been in the shop. Hubby got me a new one (more options) about 10 years ago and that one has never been in the shop either....you really must have gotten a lemon, it happens.

Brotherhater

i dont care how many of you love your brother i have had nothing but trouble with mine. The dealer in Chattanooga Tn had a part time repairman and did not catch the real problem while screwing around for 1 year my warranty ran out!!!! I had to take the machine out of state to have it fixed. Oh yeah they caught the problem in 1 hour!! The Brother company was of no use whatsoever, one Brother employee lied about his position and never returned my calls! That was the end of my contact with Brother on their part. i have called and called and written and sent in all my reciepts for work done on the machine. The Brother Duetta 4500 has been a real headache for over 16 months, a screw just came out in the embroidery arm.You people can have Brother i am going with SWF EAST this year. The Brother customer service is totally useless!! I will never stop sending Brother letter after letter to let them know i will not forget their great help with my machine.LOLLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!

I

Irish_Eyes

I am an experienced seamstress. Some time back, I decided that I wanted to add to my bag of tricks and add "machine embroidery"!! Since I make items that I sell, I figured that if the embroidered items sold well, I could justify buying a commercial embroidery machine, right? But, in order to do that, I have to have something that will do embroidery in the first place...

Ummm. Can't just jump in with a commercial machine - they cost several thousand dollars (of course, I've since found out that so do some of the 'home' embroidery machines!!), and my business is quite small. So. I need a lower end unit to get started with, right? What to get?

I looked around, compared the end product, and decided to get a Brother embroidery machine. The local store had one on sale, what better?? I soon found out WHY the machine was on sale - Brother was discontinuing the model. OK, that's not a big deal. Sewing machine models are coming and going all the time, right? Well, yes and no.

I have since gone through 9 months of pure misery with Brother Corporation and my piece of garbage embroidery machine! It is so bad that I even put up a web-page about the entire mess: Brother Sewing Machines where I lay it all out.

Personally, if anyone out there has one of these machines, and actually likes it, and can use it without trouble, please let me know! Because I think you would be the only one I've found!!

Oh, Man... you sew... and you do garb... I just bought a brother a few months back and while I haven't really used it much but to experiment with some scrap gingham I got from Joann's(just to get the feel of it and figure out what different stitches and such did), I'm planning to get into making my own garb. I might poke at you here for pointers or lessons when I actually have time to start my projects. :1bdz:

SillyFurby

i dont care how many of you love your brother i have had nothing but trouble with mine. The dealer in Chattanooga Tn had a part time repairman and did not catch the real problem while screwing around for 1 year my warranty ran out!!!! I had to take the machine out of state to have it fixed. Oh yeah they caught the problem in 1 hour!! The Brother company was of no use whatsoever, one Brother employee lied about his position and never returned my calls! That was the end of my contact with Brother on their part. i have called and called and written and sent in all my reciepts for work done on the machine. The Brother Duetta 4500 has been a real headache for over 16 months, a screw just came out in the embroidery arm.You people can have Brother i am going with SWF EAST this year. The Brother customer service is totally useless!! I will never stop sending Brother letter after letter to let them know i will not forget their great help with my machine.LOLLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!

:howdy:My Brother is the Disney embroidery monster. Since the plain sewing part doesn't work worth beans, I've been doing the embroidering. Every character I've tried has something wrong with it. Goofy missing half his face, Mickey only having one eye. The stiches have gaps in places and so the fabric shows through. So much went wrong with this machine in such short order, I knew it was a bright yellow lemon. Getting any satisfaction from Brother is out of the question. Now the warrenty is gone, and the only logical place for Brother Disney may be on YouTube. Wonder how Brother would like that?