Bruised tailbone...

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Cowgirl said:
I really do believe I would kill someone if they tried to do that right now.

This is awful timing...I have to go to W-S, NC on Tuesday. :jameo: 7 hrs in a car! :jameo:

Being in the car is the most painful part of a tailbone break. Every time I had to make a turn, the pain was excrutiating. Go get some pain meds. :huggy:

Cowgirl

Mousebaby said:
Start looking for medical supply stores. I would even check out your local pharmacy's. You might find one of those cushions there. If all else fails, call you dr. and see if they have one. :huggy:

I got one this morning on the way to work. This cushion is huge. :lol: I have to take in to Annapolis with me...I have a meeting there later. :blushing:

So far it's pretty comfy though!

muffin

broken tail bone

I broke mine 2 years ago I had a bone scan to confirm this. My ortho dr. told me because I did not use a donut to sit on in the beginning it would probably never heal he said alot of times they don't. I still can't sit on hard chairs or benches if I do I have to sit on one butt cheek. So I suggest if you are going on long car rides etc. to go and buy one of those donuts from the drug store. Unfortunately there is no medical correction other than taking meds.

SoMDGirl42

:howdy: broke my tail bone here too, slip and slide on a hill with too many cocktails and dish soap to make it more slippery. Still hurts at times, happened in '94.

J

julz20684

Pardon to butt in on this tread, but can anything be done about a broken toe?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
julz20684 said:
Pardon to butt in on this tread, but can anything be done about a broken toe?
No. :ohwell: Maybe if it's the big one, but not the smaller ones. I've broken my toe a few times. Hurts like hell. :frown:

J

julz20684

Nickel said:
No. :ohwell: Maybe if it's the big one, but not the smaller ones. I've broken my toe a few times. Hurts like hell. :frown:

I've been ignoring the pain for a couple months, but getting more and more painful :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
julz20684 said:
I've been ignoring the pain for a couple months, but getting more and more painful :shrug:
Months? :faint: Mine have only ever hurt for a few weeks. It can't hurt to just get it checked out. :shrug:

J

julz20684

Nickel said:
Months? :faint: Mine have only ever hurt for a few weeks. It can't hurt to just get it checked out. :shrug:

Yeah I'm thinking it's time to get it xrayed

I think I need a full time Dr. living at my house :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
julz20684 said:
Yeah I'm thinking it's time to get it xrayed

I think I need a full time Dr. living at my house :lmao:

My 5'7" brother trying to reach a family sized can of green beans off the top shelf and me 5 or 6 months pregnant with pig #1. Can slips out of his grasp and comes down on my little toe. Hurt like a bia and one of the only times in my life I've passed out. Broken little toe got tapped to the "ring" toe. Since I was pregnant they only gave me Tylenol.

J

julz20684

pixiegirl said:
My 5'7" brother trying to reach a family sized can of green beans off the top shelf and me 5 or 6 months pregnant with pig #1. Can slips out of his grasp and comes down on my little toe. Hurt like a bia and one of the only times in my life I've passed out. Broken little toe got tapped to the "ring" toe. Since I was pregnant they only gave me Tylenol.

I was thinking I could do that but there is a prominent bulge from the side of the toe and it hurts like a b!tch to the touch and by the end of the day just walking on it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
I slammed my little toe into the side of a door accidentally, breaking it (pregnant). The doctor noticed I was limping a little, looked at it, and said it was broken. Her response: "Aww, that's too bad". :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
julz20684 said:
I was thinking I could do that but there is a prominent bulge from the side of the toe and it hurts like a b!tch to the touch and by the end of the day just walking on it.
You might have spiders living in there! :jameo:

J

julz20684

Nickel said:
I slammed my little toe into the side of a door accidentally, breaking it (pregnant). The doctor noticed I was limping a little, looked at it, and said it was broken. Her response: "Aww, that's too bad". :ohwell:

:lmao: :huggy:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
julz20684 said:

A lump would probably indicate calcification (sp?)? I have it on my little finger that I broke.

J

julz20684

pixiegirl said:
A lump would probably indicate calcification (sp?)? I have it on my little finger that I broke.

Yeesh, bumps, spiders, breaks, calcification :jameo:

julz20684 said:
This is just a ploy to get more pain meds so you can sleep at night isn't it...:eyebrow:

J

julz20684

kwillia said:
This is just a ploy to get more pain meds so you can sleep at night isn't it...:eyebrow:

:angel:

If I had a digi camera with me I'd send you a pic of my effed up looking toe.