Bruises

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Is there anything you can do to heal bruises faster? I bruise easily, and have a couple on my legs from last weekend in Charlotte (I pulled a RoseRed :blushing:), and I'd really like to expedite their healing so I can wear my skirts, capris, etc., without looking like a domestic violence victim. :lol:

I'm thinking there's got to be a vitamin you can take that helps in this department. :shrug:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Soak Sprains and Bruises: Epsom Salt will reduce the swelling of sprains and bruises. Add 2 cups Epsom Salt to a warm bath, and soak.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
You know, honestly, I used to bruise VERY easily and keep them a LONG time... It seems to me though, that only an overhaul in nutrition and stuff makes a difference and no real quick fix was ever found available to me...

Be sure to post whatever, if you find a whatever, works! :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
Is there anything you can do to heal bruises faster? I bruise easily, and have a couple on my legs from last weekend in Charlotte (I pulled a RoseRed :blushing:), and I'd really like to expedite their healing so I can wear my skirts, capris, etc., without looking like a domestic violence victim. :lol:

I'm thinking there's got to be a vitamin you can take that helps in this department. :shrug:
:lmao: What did you do?

I tried to break a toe last night and didn't succeed, but it sure hurts like a MoFo today. :lol:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
crabcake said:

Buy the spray "hose" from Sally Hanson, it works great!! It will cover any flaw on your legs, including bruises.

crabcake

harleygirl said:
Buy the spray "hose" from Sally Hanson, it works great!! It will cover any flaw on your legs, including bruises.

How 'bout a bruise that is 5-inches in diameter and darker than my hair color. :jet:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If you bruise easily, there's a very good chance you are anemic. I was at one time and the slightest pressure on my skin would leave a horrible bruise. The doctor did a blood test to confirm it then put me on daily OTC iron pills, which took care of the problem in a couple of months.

crabcake

jazz lady said:
If you bruise easily, there's a very good chance you are anemic. I was at one time and the slightest pressure on my skin would leave a horrible bruise. The doctor did a blood test to confirm it then put me on daily OTC iron pills, which took care of the problem in a couple of months.

I just had a physical a couple months ago with a full blood panel done and they didn't say anything about that, but I suppose it's possible.

I always have at least one or two bruises on my legs courtesy of the dogs jumping around in the bed, stepping on me, etc. :lol:

Pandora

There was an article in Good Housekeeping on this topic this month.

1. Apply ice to the spot, not directly, but ice in a bag or a pack of frozen vegetables with a towel wrap. 15 minutes tops.

2. Over the next few hours sit as much as possible, which is hard since we usually get bruises when we are working to get things done.

3. Apply stockings or if the bruise is high, apply an Ace bandage or wear Spandex shorts.

4. You can apply Arnica Montana Cream, which is found in most health food stores.

crabcake

Is that advice for immediate action (i.e., ice & bandage within an hour or so of getting the bruise)? I got these a week ago on Sunday ... most of them are minor/small, but the one is by far the biggest, darkest bruise I've ever had, and looks all sorts of horrible. :frown: