Bubby Knott Farm?

Does anyone know if the light show is up yet? I was hoping to take my little girl to see it, but a co-worker mentioned they got divorced and the wife got the house, the farm, EVERYTHING and that there may not BE a light show!

TIA!
Bridget =)

Danzig

I heard the same thing last year when the bridge was closed and the Tiki bar and Brass Rail got sold.

Elle

Happy Camper!
I just called the Trading Post and the lady that answered the phone said there will be no open house this year but there will be lights set up that you can drive by and view.

Elle said:
I just called the Trading Post and the lady that answered the phone said there will be no open house this year but there will be lights set up that you can drive by and view.
:threadkiller:

BA in SoMD said:
Does anyone know if the light show is up yet? I was hoping to take my little girl to see it, but a co-worker mentioned they got divorced and the wife got the house, the farm, EVERYTHING and that there may not BE a light show!

TIA!
Bridget =)
What is this, where is this?

Elle

Happy Camper!
huntr1 said:
What is this, where is this?
This guy (or maybe now it's his wife) owns a farm off of Flat Iron Road in Great Mills. Every year he decorates and opens his farm for visitors to drive through and look at the lights.

flowerchild

Hairy Harry
Elle said:
This guy (or maybe now it's his wife) owns a farm off of Flat Iron Road in Great Mills. Every year he decorates and opens his farm for visitors to drive through and look at the lights.

They had split up before the holidays last year and half of the lights they used to have weren't even up...like the firetrucks and stuuf. I hope they put it all up this year!

Frozenpl

Drinks At The House!
That's sad...we had so much fun :ohwell:

Do you think you will still be able to see the animals or was that only on the open house night?

PrepH4U

flowerchild said:
They had split up before the holidays last year and half of the lights they used to have weren't even up...like the firetrucks and stuuf. I hope they put it all up this year!
:duh: hmmm did you have to pay to see them? So what if they didn't put them all up? Yes, it was nice to drive out there and see the whole display, but come on people get a grip. I believe for them to continue putting these lights up for the community is a very nice gesture let alone allowing people to drive through. But I guess it shows that no matter how much you do, some people will never be happy or satisfied. JMO

flowerchild

Hairy Harry
PrepH4U said:
:duh: hmmm did you have to pay to see them? So what if they didn't put them all up? Yes, it was nice to drive out there and see the whole display, but come on people get a grip. I believe for them to continue putting these lights up for the community is a very nice gesture let alone allowing people to drive through. But I guess it shows that no matter how much you do, some people will never be happy or satisfied. JMO

I did not mean this in a negative way. I think it's great that they do this for the community. I know Bubby and I know that it disappointed him. He spent a long time building all that up.

PrepH4U

flowerchild said:
I did not mean this in a negative way. I think it's great that they do this for the community. I know Bubby and I know that it disappointed him. He spent a long time building all that up.
Sorry to quote just your post also, I was just trying to sum up the whole feeling I got when I read the thread. I didn't mean to go off on you either, it just bothers me that people usually take things for granted and ##### and moan when it changes and don't try to do something themselves. I just think what they did for years was commendable. And no matter what goes up, it will still be very enjoyable for the kids to see. No way in hell would I have let the hoards of people come trampeling through my barns around my horses and animals. :flowers:

AMP

Jersey attitude.
Elle said:

Neither of them are there now and I think it's going to be sold. She's got a lovely new place on the river, and is moving her horses. Pity, Flat Iron is a beautiful place, with the barns and houses and the little Trading Post.... too too pretty at Christmas.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
AMP said:
Neither of them are there now and I think it's going to be sold. She's got a lovely new place on the river, and is moving her horses. Pity, Flat Iron is a beautiful place, with the barns and houses and the little Trading Post.... too too pretty at Christmas.

Yes, it is.