Buddha?

H

Henny

I've been living in St. Mary's for almost 7 years now and I'm pretty sure there aren't any Buddhist temples around here.. but does anyone know where the closest might be? Or if anyone could lay some suggested Buddhist reading material on me? I am currently reading Basic Teachings of the Buddha by Glenn Wallis, which has been very insightful so far but I know there is so much more to it!

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I knew one fella that worked at Calvert hospital who was Buddhist. He drove to Philadelphia:shrug:

Good luck.:peace:

spinner

My favorite book is Being Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh, he has lots of books, but I love that one. You might contact Joy Lane Healing Center in Hollywood, they might be able to help you. I know in the past they have had Buddhist ceremonies and they do meditation workshops. They have a website.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Washington, DC. There are several temples there depending on which teachings you plan on following.

I like the Zen Buddhist Center, which follows Zen teachings and meditation. They have one in DC and one in Chevy Chase.

There's also the Temple of Cun Yum, (which I believe is Cambodian) the Nipponzan Myohoji (which I know is Japanese Buddhists) and a few others in DC.

There's a really nice and interesting one in Fairfax, the Ekoji Buddhist Temple, which is Shin Buddhism. But that's a bit of a commute.

punjabigyrl

Nichiren Shoshu Myosenji Temple - Ashuzan Myosenji Temple Home Page
310 University Blvd W, Silver Spring, MD - (301) 593-9397

The Korea Temple - index
16815 Germantown Rd, Germantown, MD - (301) 428-0665

Washington Buddhist Temple of rhe Jingak Order
20900 New Hampshire Ave, Brookeville, MD

IN VIRGINIA

Wat Yarnna Rangsee Thai Buddhist Temple - Wat Yarnna Rangsee Buddhist Monastery
21950 Shaw Rd, Sterling, VA - (703) 406-8290
Directions and more »

Ekoji Buddhist Temple - Ekoji Buddhist Temple, Jodo Shinshu Buddhism (Nishi Hongwanji), Northern Virginia near Washington, D.C.
6500 Lakehaven Ln, Fairfax Station, VA - (703) 239-0500

Hope this helps

H

Henny

Oh wow! I was not expecting such a turn out. Thank you all very very much!