Bumps/Bug bites?

mingiz

Horse Poor
you should do a search for the posts on Fly Predators. There are several peeps that use them. I started this year (after hearing others' results) and have noticed a huge difference. I even started late and the flies we were getting have vanished. I wondered if it was really the fly predators working, but went to another farm this weekend that doesn't use them and there were flies everywhere. Went back to my place, mucked stalls, and didn't have a single fly land on me while doing so.

How expensive are they? Is there a certain amount you have to get to cover the areas?

Wait4It..boom

The amount you get (and pay for) is based on the number of animals you have pooping on the farm ;o) This total includes horses, cows, dogs, etc.
Check out Fly Control by Spalding Labs for pricing. It literally IS as simple as the ad says. Others coming to my place have asked where the flies are too. Check out the testimonials on the News and Events page. Pretty cool they were able to knock down a huge majority of the fly population on an island mostly inhabited by horses.
I'M TOTALLY HOOKED ON THESE LITTLE BUGS thx to Phyxius.... who also recommended my treeless saddle.... I wanna be just like Phyxius when I grow up ;O)

Wait4It..boom

just for an idea, they start at ~$20/month for ~3-5 horses. Less $$ than fly spray!

Fly Predators Cost per month based on number of horses
1-5 $18.45
6-10 $ 28.50
11-15 $ 38.45
16-20 $ 47.50
21-25 $ 56.50
26-49 $2.00/head/mo. + $6.50 shipping
50-99 $1.93/head/mo. + $12.50 shipping
100-125 $1.76/head/mo. + $25.00 shipping

Last edited:

SugarNSpikes

Thank you all for the great advice. I'm going out tomorrow to buy some of the oil based fly spray and see how well that works.

Also, I'm going to attempt to make the vinegar based flyspray. (Will let you know how it goes, lmao).

The fly predators sounds like such a great idea and I might ask the barn owner if we can try it. Something has to be done since my horse has a crippling fear of flies.

mingiz

Horse Poor
The amount you get (and pay for) is based on the number of animals you have pooping on the farm ;o) This total includes horses, cows, dogs, etc.
Check out Fly Control by Spalding Labs for pricing. It literally IS as simple as the ad says. Others coming to my place have asked where the flies are too. Check out the testimonials on the News and Events page. Pretty cool they were able to knock down a huge majority of the fly population on an island mostly inhabited by horses.
I'M TOTALLY HOOKED ON THESE LITTLE BUGS thx to Phyxius.... who also recommended my treeless saddle.... I wanna be just like Phyxius when I grow up ;O)

Thanks for the info..:howdy: Well if your gonna grow up to be Phyxius ya better get a big paying job. Ya know all that camera equipment isn't cheap and those big horses she has eay a lot:lmao:

j/k Phy :love:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Why Don't you get off of the EFIN Strangles CRAP:sarcasm: We're tired of hearing about all the strangles, fly sprays, now trailers...Give it a break......:eyebrow:

you are a meanie or maybe ur just grouchy.

You might feel better if you take a nap! REALLY.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Robin

Why Don't you get off of the EFIN Strangles CRAP:sarcasm: We're tired of hearing about all the strangles, fly sprays, now trailers...Give it a break......:eyebrow:[/QUOT

swat

Attachments

• 80x80_animals_0398_GUyCZQbweiphKi+jC8kdQ.jpg
    80x80_animals_0398_GUyCZQbweiphKi+jC8kdQ.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 83