Bunny Question

cattitude said:
Yep..unfortunately people get bunnies because they're cute and have no clue what it involves to own one. :frown:
That is the first thing that goes through my mind when I read sad threads such as this...:frown:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
cattitude said:
Yep..unfortunately people get bunnies because they're cute and have no clue what it involves to own one. :frown: She had a fairly small resuce when I first met her about 12 years ago. She actually has pretty good success with raising the wild babies, which is pretty amazing.

Yeah most wild bunnies are VERY hard to raise..I will keep her number I get alot of calls for wild bunnies in the spring..I know my friend that does Coons has been over populated with babies the last few years...

Bunnies are SO easy to take care of I can't believe people ...wonder what they expect out of the bunnies? They are not dogs or cats..

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Our house bunny has been here a little over 5 years now.

Attachments

• carnysun008.jpg
    carnysun008.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 144
  • troublecarney 016.jpg
    troublecarney 016.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
M

Mousebaby

I've posted my bunny before, but I like sharing :biggrin:

She's a big sweetie!! :huggy:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
They are not dogs or cats..[/QUOTE]

Don't tell our bunny that. She was raised along with our crew and just blended in.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
She shouldn't have a pet if she isn't willing or able to afford vet care.

I love you, but only if it's under 50 bucks.

N

nitwhit3286

Hello6 said:
She shouldn't have a pet if she isn't willing or able to afford vet care.

I love you, but only if it's under 50 bucks.

This is my mother you are talking about....and I am extremely offended. I got on here to post...so I could get positive feedback. She is willing...we have had several animals over the years..all of which get taken better care of than a lot of people do. Just to give the ones who actually care an update. Hazel is doing much better....he is eating and drinking and had a little bit of energy this afternoon. My mother is still planning on taking him to the vet tomorrow..and believe me..she will do whatever is financially neccessary to make sure the health of Mr. Hazel stays intact. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nitwhit3286

cattitude said:
Yep..unfortunately people get bunnies because they're cute and have no clue what it involves to own one. :frown: She had a fairly small resuce when I first met her about 12 years ago. She actually has pretty good success with raising the wild babies, which is pretty amazing.

My mom didn't get the bunny just because it was cute, believe me. She had owned rabbits as a child...and within the past few years she has owned 2. One of which passed away at a year and a half. Have no idea why. Overall healthy bunny....but bunnies never really show signs of sickness until its too late. She didn't know how this bunny broke his little hind leg...unless it got caught in the bottom of the wire cage. People have animals to take care of them...well thats what I was taught when I was growing up.

Animals4Life

nitwhit3286 said:
This is my mother you are talking about....and I am extremely offended. I got on here to post...so I could get positive feedback. She is willing...we have had several animals over the years..all of which get taken better care of than a lot of people do. Just to give the ones who actually care an update. Hazel is doing much better....he is eating and drinking and had a little bit of energy this afternoon. My mother is still planning on taking him to the vet tomorrow..and believe me..she will do whatever is financially neccessary to make sure the health of Mr. Hazel stays intact. Thank you.
How did Hazel survive his broken leg? I have a bun to and I lover her dearly although when she chewed through my mouse cord one day I was not to happy with her little fuzzy butt!

Toxick

Splat
Animals4Life said:
How did Hazel survive his broken leg? I have a bun to and I lover her dearly although when she chewed through my mouse cord one day I was not to happy with her little fuzzy butt!

Well, it is common knowledge that bunnies have a thing for finding your mouse and wrecking it somehow.

Although, instead of chewing, they are usually more prone to bopping field-mice on the head.

HorseQueen

Bunny Magic

The Bunny Magic lady is amazing. She took in a wild duck I found blind and she nursed him to health and released him back to the wild. She even gave us updates.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Bunny magic is a good place. :yay: I have delt with them before.

One thing I wonder about is how hard is it to train a rabbit to use a litter pan so you will not have bunny marbles all over your floor.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
nitwhit3286 said:
This morning, I called my mom only to find out that her little bunny Hazel's leg is broken. When my mom went to pick up the bunny from his cage he slammed his little head into his cage...dunno why..I am guessing he was flippin out because he was in so much pain. No idea how this happened. Last night he was fine....Like I said, when my mom picked up the bunny his little leg just flopped.. has anyone else dealt with this before???
Call Travellers Insurance.. i heard they are doing amazing things with rabbit's feet.. If they can reattach them I'm sure they can fix a simple break..

Radiant1

Soul Probe
KingFish said:
One thing I wonder about is how hard is it to train a rabbit to use a litter pan so you will not have bunny marbles all over your floor.

I'm curious about the litter training myself. Currently I have a bunny that I let play outside in the morning and evening in an open pen, which he LOVES, but I'd really like to let him free in the house once I can bunny-proof it. Exactly how does one go about training bunny for a litter pan? He already tends to use one corner of his hutch (sort of), heh. Any suggestions?

Cowgirl

Radiant1 said:
I'm curious about the litter training myself. Currently I have a bunny that I let play outside in the morning and evening in an open pen, which he LOVES, but I'd really like to let him free in the house once I can bunny-proof it. Exactly how does one go about training bunny for a litter pan? He already tends to use one corner of his hutch (sort of), heh. Any suggestions?

Try scooping up some of his pellets and putting them in the litter box in his cage. He should eventually get the hint. Also, if he naturally eliminates in 1 corner of the cage, put the litter box in that corner.