Bus 204 Calvert County Schools

MMDad

Lem Putt
Point proven! Nothing in somd land is as entertaining as the wackos this one draws.

There are a dozen people viewing this tread right now, and at least a thousand viewing the forums right now. Like it or not, this site does get a lot of traffic.

nobody really

I need a nap

those just those brave enough to register. when i ask people if they troll the somd forums, the answer is always "oh yeah". most aren't registered.

that's why i keep my mouth shut at work about what i read/post on here, i don't want to blow my cover. hell, you could sit in the cube next to me.

MMDad

Lem Putt
those just those brave enough to register. when i ask people if they troll the somd forums, the answer is always "oh yeah". most aren't registered.

that's why i keep my mouth shut at work about what i read/post on here, i don't want to blow my cover. hell, you could sit in the cube next to me.

Are you a borderline autistic psycho guy with three inch hairs growing out of his nose and ears, loudly crunching his chips while chewing with an open mouth, and slurping soup by the tespoonful?

nobody really

I need a nap
Are you a borderline autistic psycho guy with three inch hairs growing out of his nose and ears, loudly crunching his chips while chewing with an open mouth, and slurping soup by the tespoonful?

you sit next to me? i didn't bring any soup today. my explosive gas problem has forced me to limit my diet. hope you didn't hear me farting.

MMDad

Lem Putt
you sit next to me? i didn't bring any soup today. my explosive gas problem has forced me to limit my diet. hope you didn't hear me farting.

Didn't need to hear it in order to know. My grandmother really didn't die today, and those are not tears of sorrow.

protectmd

With all due respect, if the officer didn't see the event, I doubt he could or would bring charges.

I'm glad I posted it here and I'm glad I called the CCPS transportation department.... I remember having conversations with the MHA about school bus safety when there was not light at Appeal Lane and again when they were designing the traffic flow in Lusby Town Center.....

That bus had no business making a southbound turn off of Cove Point Road at that time of day anyway.... it's an unsafe route....

You mention in your reply that the officer cannot or would not bring charges against the offender due to the fact that they didn't "see" the event. Well... They could issue a citation and make you a witness if your willing to go to court and testify. Many drivers in accidents are charged with traffic violations even though the officer "didn't see" the event. Perhaps your willing to go to court and testify to your observations, that will help convict this bad driver of some violations. With enough points and violations, theres no doubt that their CDL privledges will be suspended. You should speak with the deputies and troopers that patrol that area and inform them of the violations. Most of them have ticket machines and enjoy writing tickets. Troopers, will write tickets to anyone. Deputies have a history of writing citations to whoever the good sheriff allows to my understanding.

You made these calls to various agencies. Why not film the violation if its reoccurring and send a copy of the video to them. There is no shortage of videos on youtube of "bad driving." Show a pattern of abuse, and explain what the problem is. Perhaps your idea's and investigation will be enough to get the roadway/issue changed. It could be a design flaw or simply needing to add a traffic control device such as a stop light or traffic flow sign. You mentioned its an unsafe route. In that case, perhaps banning trucks and buses might be an option. You have to explain why its unsafe and make your case using photo/video/personal testimony and evidence.

Finally, follow up with these people. Your issue might take a back seat to all other issues, and your simply another "irrate citizen" just calling in and "venting." With that being said, letters to the editor on you taking notice to the problem, you notifying them and their follow up can sometimes be enough to cause for change. They hate public embarassment. Let them know you demand change, and stay on them. If they fix the issue, feel free to write a letter to the editor in praise of them. If they fail to perform or ignore/pass the buck to someone else, slam them of course in your letter to the editor/followup on here.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Why not film the violation if its reoccurring and send a copy of the video to them.

Did you not read the OP? The bus pulled out in front of her. Do you really want drivers holding their cell phone cameras up in hopes of catching someone driving poorly? Or wouldn't it be better if they pay attention to the road, so they can avoid the accident like she did?

You act as if this was something this bus does every day, or that it is severe enough to swear out a complaint and play he said/she said in court with no actual evidence. Have you ever seen a traffic violation that was not witnessed by a cop that actually resulted in a conviction? If stats were available, I would bet that the few that are even filed end up NP.

What she did looks like the appropriate response to me. She alerted others to a problem, received feedback that others had seen problems, and she followed the process in place to handle it. She obviously didn't think it was a drunk driver or worse, or she would not have handled it the way she did.

If everyone who gets cut off in traffic called 911, we'd need to triple the number of cops on the road to handle all the calls. It's silly to think that an adult can't assess the situation and determine the appropriate response, which is not always to call 911.

glhs837

Power with Control
Did you not read the OP? The bus pulled out in front of her. Do you really want drivers holding their cell phone cameras up in hopes of catching someone driving poorly? Or wouldn't it be better if they pay attention to the road, so they can avoid the accident like she did?

A good dashcam app or dashcam would allow both things to be done:buddies:

hotcoffee

You mention in your reply that the officer cannot or would not bring charges against the offender due to the fact that they didn't "see" the event. Well... They could issue a citation and make you a witness if your willing to go to court and testify. Many drivers in accidents are charged with traffic violations even though the officer "didn't see" the event. Perhaps your willing to go to court and testify to your observations, that will help convict this bad driver of some violations. With enough points and violations, theres no doubt that their CDL privledges will be suspended. You should speak with the deputies and troopers that patrol that area and inform them of the violations. Most of them have ticket machines and enjoy writing tickets. Troopers, will write tickets to anyone. Deputies have a history of writing citations to whoever the good sheriff allows to my understanding.

You made these calls to various agencies. Why not film the violation if its reoccurring and send a copy of the video to them. There is no shortage of videos on youtube of "bad driving." Show a pattern of abuse, and explain what the problem is. Perhaps your idea's and investigation will be enough to get the roadway/issue changed. It could be a design flaw or simply needing to add a traffic control device such as a stop light or traffic flow sign. You mentioned its an unsafe route. In that case, perhaps banning trucks and buses might be an option. You have to explain why its unsafe and make your case using photo/video/personal testimony and evidence.

Finally, follow up with these people. Your issue might take a back seat to all other issues, and your simply another "irrate citizen" just calling in and "venting." With that being said, letters to the editor on you taking notice to the problem, you notifying them and their follow up can sometimes be enough to cause for change. They hate public embarassment. Let them know you demand change, and stay on them. If they fix the issue, feel free to write a letter to the editor in praise of them. If they fail to perform or ignore/pass the buck to someone else, slam them of course in your letter to the editor/followup on here.

I made a complaint because I witnessed a dangerous situation. I also made a complaint because I was put in danger.

I don't complain every time cuts me off.... I don't have time for that... but this is a Calvert County School Bus.... That makes a difference....

I have praised drivers in the past... but quite frankly I haven't seen anything praise worthy or dangerous for a long time.... but then this happened....

Check me out... you will find that I do follow up and I do write letters ....

:coffee:

inkah

Why not film the violation if its reoccurring and send a copy of the video to them.

Oh hay! GREAT idea. In fact, while you are out there "protecting" us, please remember to make this recommendation to all drivers. But please don't stop at poor bus driving habits, there are SO many interesting things happening as one drives about!

Don't forget the cam kids!! Drive safe :)

:buddies: