Bush is on the verge...

B

Bruzilla

FromTexas said:
I would vote for Condi in the primary over Newt. It doesn't change that I feel you are off base in your opinion of Newt. However, I have given up hope on a Condi run. I believe Newt would actually do the better job of getting things to happen on the Republican side. I believe Condi would be more Presidential. I believe both would strive for what they said they would achieve... but the reality is things don't always work out that way. They have to get a majority vote in Congress, too.

I think that absent Rice the next best pick would be Gov. Allen of VA. He's one of the few contenders that passes the weasel sniff test.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Rice is the hands down choice...

Bruzilla said:
I think that absent Rice the next best pick would be Gov. Allen of VA. He's one of the few contenders that passes the weasel sniff test.

...if you are interested in a President articulating positions and policies that are understandable and make sense.

She may become the most powerful President in modern history in terms of selecting 3 or 4 major things she wants done for the nation and going about achieving them.

Let's not give up the ship just yet. This is a person who has set goals and achieved them from day 1 and, I'm sorry boys and girls, the brass ring is the brass ring. There is, in my opinion, way to much going for her to actually decline a run.

We are near mid term and, unless Cheney wants a shot, there is no way, no way in hell the White house can turn it's back on the party and NOT have a sitting VP as the nominee. The benefits are simply overwhelming for a Presidential candidate; you get to be on national TV and seen and heard everywhere for two years.

After the mid terms are over I look for either Cheney to declare or resign. If he resigns I look for the next veep to be...

Condoleeza Rice.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
We are near mid term and, unless Cheney wants a shot, there is no way, no way in hell the White house can turn it's back on the party and NOT have a sitting VP as the nominee. The benefits are simply overwhelming for a Presidential candidate; you get to be on national TV and seen and heard everywhere for two years.
AND you get vilified every single day with accusations that are either greatly exaggerated or out and out lies. I think that's a wash, especially after Al Gore followed on the heels of a popular President, enjoyed extensive favorable press - and still lost to a guy who came from nowhere and was excoriated in the press.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
True...

vraiblonde said:
AND you get vilified every single day with accusations that are either greatly exaggerated or out and out lies. I think that's a wash, especially after Al Gore followed on the heels of a popular President, enjoyed extensive favorable press - and still lost to a guy who came from nowhere and was excoriated in the press.

...but there lies her greatest asset; her.

Only one person stopped Al Gore from being elected President; Al Gore. His personality, style and what he said and how he said it sunk him from a landslide win to a nail biter.

Condi can sit there all day and swat down attacks about Iraq and 9/11 and Osama all day long, just like she did when she testified to the 9/11 commission; the truth is powerful. Add to that the confidence and quality she exudes.

As for economics, Social Security and any other attacks; not her job. Al Gore had to defend a full 8 years of being right there for everything; a red hot stock market which is anathema to liberals. The campaign fiance issues. The health care debacle. Etc.

The heat will come but it is to her advantage to only be veep for two years.
And let us not discount the very real possibility of attacks on her backfiring.
If Hillary sells tickets with 'stand by your man' as the weepy put upon girl excuse then Condi sells out with 'I'm more man than you man, girlfriend.'

She may well get 1/2 the black vote and certainly over 50% of the females.

Game.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I would love to see a Condi run. I think the amusement to that campaign would never end. Heck, it may be the most matched Presidential campaign in ages. We may increase the percent of the population participating.

SNL would stake a comeback on it, David Letterman would have a hundred new top tens, Kennedys would personally see to it that whiskey sales increased tenfold, and the entire universe would shift .002 inches to the right just to keep up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hold up...

FromTexas said:
I would love to see a Condi run. I think the amusement to that campaign would never end. Heck, it may be the most matched Presidential campaign in ages. We may increase the percent of the population participating.

SNL would stake a comeback on it, David Letterman would have a hundred new top tens, Kennedys would personally see to it that whiskey sales increased tenfold, and the entire universe would shift .002 inches to the right just to keep up.

...while I think it would be a gas having Hill on a stage with Condi, I don't see an increase in voter participation.

People who normally don't vote may well get interested but bitter Democrats are more likely, to me, to just hang it up rather than actually live with themselves having voted against a strong black woman. Hillary is NOT compelling next to Condi.

Imagine a 'liberal' strongly supporting a woman whose success is directly related to dealing with a no good husband over a single, black female who did it her way.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Larry Gude said:
...while I think it would be a gas having Hill on a stage with Condi, I don't see an increase in voter participation.

People who normally don't vote may well get interested but bitter Democrats are more likely, to me, to just hang it up rather than actually live with themselves having voted against a strong black woman. Hillary is NOT compelling next to Condi.

Imagine a 'liberal' strongly supporting a woman whose success is directly related to dealing with a no good husband over a single, black female who did it her way.

I don't see it that way. I see the african american percentage of the voter base increasing their participation (which is historically low) even if its just to vote for a black woman. I also see a larger liberal left turnout when they are paniced they would lose... to a person who supported Iraq and is among what they consider to be the holy trinity of the WMD liar's club. Other Republican interest would be fanned just to stick it to Hillary because Hillary is equal to the anti-Christ in some of their minds. I see the womens vote participation increasing because it would likely be two women running. It would be their election year. Of course, the people who don't want a woman in office would probably stay home. This is just MHO... but I did exaggerate a bit in my last post for amusements sake. I forgot amusement is for the Arabersian tread.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe so...

FromTexas said:
I don't see it that way. I see the african american percentage of the voter base increasing their participation (which is historically low) even if its just to vote for a black woman. I also see a larger liberal left turnout when they are paniced they would lose... to a person who supported Iraq and is among what they consider to be the holy trinity of the WMD liar's club. Other Republican interest would be fanned just to stick it to Hillary because Hillary is equal to the anti-Christ in some of their minds. I see the womens vote participation increasing because it would likely be two women running. It would be their election year. Of course, the people who don't want a woman in office would probably stay home. This is just MHO... but I did exaggerate a bit in my last post for amusements sake. I forgot amusement is for the Arabersian tread.

...I just count on even the left getting bored with polishing a turd after awhile.

BTW; How about 'Perab'?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Larry Gude said:
...I just count on even the left getting bored with polishing a turd after awhile.

BTW; How about 'Perab'?

And if you actually bothered to read my initial post, I was actually stating it would be the most watched. I only said voter participation may increase. But I should never have said that SNL would make a comeback... that is preposterous.

On the other topic - "Perab" works... and since Iran is supposed to be the original Aryan nation, I would like to start referring to your wife as Iranian.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And if you'd bothered to...

FromTexas said:
And if you actually bothered to read my initial post, I was actually stating it would be the most watched. I only said voter participation may increase. But I should never have said that SNL would make a comeback... that is preposterous.

On the other topic - "Perab" works... and since Iran is supposed to be the original Aryan nation, I would like to start referring to your wife as Iranian.

...semi read my posts as I did yours, well, then you'd be bothered.

Why would you refer to her as Iranian? She's a Cornhusker and if you really wanna get her going, call her a Sooner.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would love to see Condi run, and I'd love even more to see her win. That would shut up black activist and womyn activists in one fell swoop. :yay: